• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Geforce 3 Cooling HELP PLEASE!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bon3thugz43v3r

I have a pny verto geforce 3 ti500 and i cant seem to get the fan off. I wanted to put a different fan on with some arctic silver 3 mixed with a little super glue. Cant get the damn thing off!:mad: :confused:

put it in an antistatic bag and put it in the freezer, then try to pry it off slowly using a screwdriver with a credit card underneath to protect the card...

unfortunately no, if you do a search on the forums you will find that this is the easiest way to remove a heatsink from a video card...and put it in the freezer for 15-30mins

Thermaltake makes some killer GF3 cooling devices. You should check them out.

Hey, is it possible to put a GF4 Ti cooling device on a GF3?

OC-Master

I wasn't going to post a reply to this but several things in your post caught my eye and some one should say some thing.

i have a pny GeForce3 ti200. I have it overclocked safely to ti500 speeds. I have no problems reaching higher then these speeds but i leave it running at low speeds just so it lasts longer.

First of all taking the fan off is simple... All you have to do is to remove the plastic rivets that hold the stock fan on. If you turn the card over you should see two plastic nubs sticking out. you can do one of two things to get these to let go. You can either cut them because you will most likley get a new set with your new cooling device. Or secondly you can just squeexe the tabs together and they should pop out. The only problem with this is that the tabs will now be stretched and they could pop off at any time.

The second thing that i noticed about your post is that you were talking about mixing artic silver with super glue. Bad idea. Im not completly sure but i think that will dramatically change the proprties of both substances. If you feel the need to attach your heatsink using an adhesive paste use artic silvers adhisive compound. It will work like a champ.

As for cooling i use a thermal take blue orb attached with artic silver. I attached the ram sinks using artic silver paste and it ocs really well although my sig wont show it.

Good luck and i hoped this helped

Optimus Prime said:
I wasn't going to post a reply to this but several things in your post caught my eye and some one should say some thing.

i have a pny GeForce3 ti200. I have it overclocked safely to ti500 speeds. I have no problems reaching higher then these speeds but i leave it running at low speeds just so it lasts longer.

First of all taking the fan off is simple... All you have to do is to remove the plastic rivets that hold the stock fan on. If you turn the card over you should see two plastic nubs sticking out. you can do one of two things to get these to let go. You can either cut them because you will most likley get a new set with your new cooling device. Or secondly you can just squeexe the tabs together and they should pop out. The only problem with this is that the tabs will now be stretched and they could pop off at any time.

The second thing that i noticed about your post is that you were talking about mixing artic silver with super glue. Bad idea. Im not completly sure but i think that will dramatically change the proprties of both substances. If you feel the need to attach your heatsink using an adhesive paste use artic silvers adhisive compound. It will work like a champ.

As for cooling i use a thermal take blue orb attached with artic silver. I attached the ram sinks using artic silver paste and it ocs really well although my sig wont show it.

Good luck and i hoped this helped

Yeah thanks, that pretty much helps me out.:beer:

I'd go with a crystal orb myself, i have both blue orb and crystal, the crystal is copper based and the blorbs r so uneven....... i dont even use the blorb now

i was going to put on a old amd500 hs on and cut down sume old hs for the chips well that artic silver work on that i mean to hold it on

Back