• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

see something wrong with this?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

oops

I found this liar

he is selling "2.8GB overclocked to 3.3GHZ, 576MHZ system bus"

haha

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2070789197

I said that's a "liar", because someone I know emailed him ask him about the false number, and he said "it is 576MHZ, the default multiplier of P4 2.8 is 23".

That's what he said :D

(NOTE: I posted the FULL email between my friend and that seller in the 20th reply, you'll find out how funny that seller's story is)

Last edited:
he also said in the email after someone asked him why no sound card---------------that onboard sound is better than most high end sound card :)

well, nobody feel bad about it? There are people bidding on it......

23x144=3312
4x144=576
all adds upto me.
onboard sound is fairly good now on some mobos.
but i wouldnt have much faith with someone one ebay selling oced stuff

thats really funny, i wonder if that person is gonna be stopped before he makes a fool out of a lot of people

deathstar13 said:
23x144=3312
4x144=576
all adds upto me.
onboard sound is fairly good now on some mobos.
but i wouldnt have much faith with someone one ebay selling oced stuff

lol, I didn't expect that one...

When a overclocker is careless, also won't notice that...

you don't see my point.

What's the multiplier of a P4 2.8 B? Is that suppose to be 21?? So in order to reach 3.3GHZ, the system bus should be 628MHZ, NOT 576MHZ.

Understand now?

Last edited:
yeh sorry
i guess ill stick to amd stuff we use little numbers and i get really confused alot over here. lol
but yeh u are correct tho

If you actually read the eBay ads, it is amazing how many mistakes there are in them. I usually email the person and let them know, but rarely do I ever hear back from them.

One of my favorites was the guy selling an Intel Celeron 1.1A Tualatin chip. The ad said that it had a FSB of 400 MHz, and was a socket 478 chip. I think it was suppose to be a 1.7 GHz chip.

The seller of that system in the link I showed is a liar. Because when first someone showed me that link, I said that's wrong and it could be his mistake. So that person emailed that seller, and got the answer as I showed above.

So now I know he doesn't even know how these numbers work, which I doubt he even have a system like he described. Totally a lie, NOT just a "mistake". And poor people without much of computer knowledge are being tricked.

the reason why i think that guy is lying is two lines

"SOYO P400 DRAGON PLATINUM ULTRA MOTHERBOARD---THE FASTEST MOTHERBOARD YOU CAN BUY " (sound fishy to me)

"3.3 GHZ P4 CPU--- Introducing the new Pentium 4 (478-pin) Northwood processor with 576MHz system bus!!" (it sounds like hes trying to make that sound like stock fbs)

lastely, could you even reach that on air cooling????????? i dont know i dont have that setup

oh and how could i miss a great line "THE FASTEST GAMMING COMPUTER YOU CAN BUY OR BUILD. TEARS UP ALL CONTENDERS ON MAD ONION'S 3DMARK2001SE. ALL UNITS COME WITH A 3 YEAR WARRANTY, AND ARE GUARANTEED TO RUN OVERCLOCKED WITH NO STABILITY ISSUES. FREE ONLINE TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE 24/7. PLEASE ALLOW 5 WORKING DAYS FOR ASSEMBLY AND BURN IN "

lol "tears up the competion" its not even water cooled, i dont think so

"GUARANTEED TO RUN OVERCLOCKED WITH NO STABILITY ISSUES" ????what speed

this guy is bad news for whoevers buying that

(oh and look at the bid now, 710, all that stuff, no way, or hes taking a big hit to the wallet)

The most important thing isn't that,

he is giving FALSE data and kept his story after someone pointed it to him.

My point is more technical :D

litghost said:

(oh and look at the bid now, 710, all that stuff, no way, or hes taking a big hit to the wallet)

Anyway, the highest bidder is stopped by me already. That's the person I was talking about who showed me the link to ask me if it's a good deal.

Hope no more people will be tricked by that liar.

Last edited:
what im saying is that most people wont realize that its false, and be sucked in by the cheapo buy lines, great reading matiral if u know the truth, and need a good laugh

ebay needs to hire some people from this message board to help them keep the auctions more secure :)

Is there any way that a guy could point out the false advertising to an ebay moderator? I think that a guy could legitimately back out of this deal if he can back up the facts of false advertising.

litghost said:
"3.3 GHZ P4 CPU--- Introducing the new Pentium 4 (478-pin) Northwood processor with 576MHz system bus!!" (it sounds like hes trying to make that sound like stock fbs)

Of course he's saying that... he just introduced it on behalf of Intel, right guys? ;)

Seriously, there are a lot of morons like this on eBay. They should really do more to keep people safe from such things but really, there's only so much they can do with their resources.

hire skip then :D

So skip can work from home in front of his computer and this way he'll have enough budget to keep this site grow :)

ebay really should come to look for skilled employees from here:)

anyway, anyone here wants a job from ebay? ;)
Then go introduce yourself with that false auction, maybe they'll think about it :D

Hmm... not to mention that the idiot is selling this ultra high performance system with CAS 2.5 memory... haha.

Back