• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just won TJ07 with water cooling setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blackfury

Was browsing ebay for a case and stumbled upon this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120625656675

Thought it looked like a great deal as the case alone goes for more than $300. I talked to the seller before I bid and asked if he'd cut me a deal on the water block and the fans. He said if I won he'd give me the fans and block for free!

So I'm getting a brand new Silverstone TJ07
with:

D-Tek Fuzion-V2
ThermoChill PA120.3 radiator
Swiftech MCP-655 pump with Gel Pad from Petra's
EK-Multioption 150 Reservoir with water temp probe installed
3- Scythe SFF21F-120mm fans all wired and sleeved
Danger Den Brass style Top fillport
10' Tygon R-3603- 1/2" Tubing and clamps
also comes with performance pc side panel and casters

Slowly putting together the rest, already have a gigabyte x58 ud3r. Will be picking up a i7 930 or 950 from microcenter in a week or two(not sure which one). Plan on running kingston hyperx 1600mhz memory, most likely 3 x 2gb. Temporarily going to be running one ecs 8800gt with accellero cooler. One thing, biggest power supply I have right now is a corsair 750tx, not sure if this will run everything. Will be purchasing a corsair 950tx next.

I'm not interested in cooling graphics cards anytime soon, so I'm just wondering if this setup here is going to be good enough or if I should upgrade the block, etc?

Congrats on one heck of a deal! The TX750 will be fine for almost any setup, including most with two video cards. If you want two 5970s (for four GPUs), you might need to upgrade, but 750W is plenty for most people's purposes.

Don't forget to share pics! :)

nvidia says my 450w 5.25" auxiliary psu can handle 2 GTX470s. So the 750 will be fine with all the other components plus gpu/s

Good to hear, will try to post pics as the build progresses.

How is the D-Tek Fuzion-V2? would using something like a heatkiller v3.0 make much of a difference?

Good to hear, will try to post pics as the build progresses.

How is the D-Tek Fuzion-V2? would using something like a heatkiller v3.0 make much of a difference?

check out skinneelabs.com and decide for yourself what's worth it to you :)

Back