• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Soyo Dragon + and new 1700+ Tbred

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ChrisOh

Hey all, I just got the chip today from newegg, Stepping A 1700+ AMD Tbred, it works fine on a Abit KR7X-133 board but it will not work on my main Soyo Dragon + board, theres been a few posts on the soyo newsgroup that says I have to make a hardware modification, anyone know why the soyo board wont even detect the tbred?

That's very odd... Maxium PC built a system with an 1800+ and worked fine. If you have any more spare CPUs that would work, try them. The mobo could be defective. If you need more help just ask.:)

Thanks Jordan, i found that some revisions of the D+ dont support it and mine is probably one of them. i tried this board with 4 processors and all were fine and the processor is good, I tried it on an Abit board. Soyo support is asking people to send in the board for the resistor transplant but I think its just wrong to advertise the board supporting the processor but it doesn't.

Back