• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need a program for my 56k internet!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

asj

Right I need a program that will reconnect me to the internet after BT Disconnects me!

I need it for Windows 98SE! Ive heard about them but can't seem to find them!

Oh and all those people with broadband are lucky!

ps. I didn't really know where to put this it! Software or General Computer talk! So I thought General cos more people look there! If it needs moved, move it!

Whats BT? I have my windows boxes set up to automatically reconnect to the internet. I think it was included in Windows ME and 2000 and XP. For 95, 98, 98se...you can use Internet Explorer to connect you automatically.

BT is British Telecom, the UK's premier telecommunications monopoly:)

asj - go to Control Panel -> Network and Dial Up Connections, Right Click your connection (mine is Freeserve Anytime), select the Options tab, and ensure the tick box for "Redial if line is dropped" is ticked. you can adjust the delay before redialling using the selection boxes provided.......

I barely notice the short disconnection every two hours......(set the time between redial attempts to 3 seconds, and "idle time before hang up" to "never")

I got a little program from a friend called cidial, well he told me the link on downloads.com! lol!

Sorry for not looking around before hand! I was in a rush, but still managed to post some stuff! lol!

Johnny Knoxville said:
I have BT broadband and it Sux0rs why do you get disconnected every 2 hours? is it deliberate by them?

I would imagine so. It's to get rid of idlers . . . people just sucking up space and not doing anything.

mmm. that sounds like me! lol! Since I only have 56k they disconnect me! Its not fair but its all I have! My street hasen't got cable! Thats not bts fault but someone who lives in my street who said no to getting them laid! So that means I can't get cable broadband! The only other option (yes I know about wireless and that) is ADSL! Iam looking into it just now but its just trying to convince my parents!

Back