• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How does the Newest Version of the P4 2.66GHz overclock?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclocker456

Back in September I bought a P4 2.66GHz CPU and my 2.26GHz chip overclocked high than it.. My 2.66GHz couldn't even do 2900MHz... I'm curious to see how the newer pack dates are doing.. I haven't seen any new threads on them in a while..

You must be taking about the new C1 stepping 1.8A.. and they're not out yet.. only the OEM's are... we can't buy them...

I'm eyeing a 2.66 myself. Looks like a good starting point for solid medium-fsb (133-155Mhz) overclocks at good core speed.

Overclocker456 said:
You must be taking about the new C1 stepping 1.8A.. and they're not out yet.. only the OEM's are... we can't buy them...

No I'm not, this is my B0 1.8 that I got yesterday!

170FSB.jpg

with 3:4 mem ratio too! waiting for C1's is good, but can you wait? :p

My 2.66 gets me 3.0Ghz with only 1.57v actual, idling around 41C. I had it up to 3.2Ghz using 1.72v actual (higher than I like).

pacino said:

No I'm not, this is my B0 1.8 that I got yesterday!

170FSB.jpg

with 3:4 mem ratio too! waiting for C1's is good, but can you wait? :p

That is definatly a amazing overlock.. What voltage are you using ???

Overclocker456 said:

That is definatly a amazing overlock.. What voltage are you using ???

1.6v .. the interesting thing is, it's on default vcore @ 166fsb (3ghz) and a whole .1v for another 4fsb lol .. I'm trying to make her stable @ 3.2 as we speak.. needs more burn in I assume.

Stockli said:
Would there be any difference between a 2.6 and a 1.8 @ 2.6?

- 2.6 @ 2.6 = 100fsb
- 1.8 @ 2.6 = 145fsb

So yes, better memory bandwidth :) .. *ANY* 1.8 with SL68Q packing date late Sept+ will do 150fsb with an ease.. That's a given 2.7ghz just like that..

Back