• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which is the wattage of a dual celeron 500

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

johnnyw

I thought about making a dual celeron 500 mhz machine and try to overclock them as closely as I could to 800 mhz each.:cool:
I´d like to know the amount of watts that the chips will release considering that they are at 800 mhz each.
I do nt know the volatge they´d be and all the other "must know for us to calculate" stuff.:D
Maybe somone knows and gives us the data;)

Well, the "Benchtest.com" calc didn't have 500 clerey on the menu.

I went with the 533 FC-PGA Celery cooked it at 800 with 1.9 volts and got 41 Watt each.

An 80watt pelt would do however if you want to you could go for a 120watt pelt just to be safe. The Celly 500 runs at 2.0Vcore and puts off 27 watts of heat not overclocked. However if you could get it to 800 with stock Vcore you would be putting off 43watts of heat but if you had to say go as high as 2.5Vcore you would be putting of 67.5watts of heat. So I would say go with the 120watt pelt.

Last edited:
Paxmax said:
Well, the "Benchtest.com" calc didn't have 500 clerey on the menu.

I went with the 533 FC-PGA Celery cooked it at 800 with 1.9 volts and got 41 Watt each.

Seems kinda weird. If you go by New Watt3 you will see that a 533 Celly at 1.90Vocre and OCed to 800 only puts of 26.25 watts of heat. Cause at stock speed and stock voltage of 1.70 it only puts off 14watts of heat.

533 celly.

Klownin79 said:
Seems kinda weird. If you go by New Watt3 you will see that a 533 Celly at 1.90Vocre and OCed to 800 only puts of 26.25 watts of heat. Cause at stock speed and stock voltage of 1.70 it only puts off 14watts of heat.

Yeah ?, how odd!

I gotta test it again...

Edit:

Well, the Benchtest calculator suggested standard Vcore 1.5 V !!!! I've had some e-mails from Jim @ Benchtest. He submitted this link to me: http://users.rcn.com/chare/elec.htm

Which also suggest that Vcore for 533 fc-pga celeron (0.18um) is 1.5 V.

/Paxmax

Last edited:
New watt 3

Oh, it's a program to calculate approximate power consumption for processors. Probably much like the Benchtest.com's calculator.

Back