• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hey look..its a clawhammer motherboard!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I got a question for you. On the first epox motherboard. Why is the 7th slot backwards? That for something special or what?

Whoa that K8A gem board has a funky layout, the memory at the top, and the AGP slot has PCI slots on both sides! :eek:

-Rav

how come amd is making there cpu's look like intel cpu's? better heat transfer from core to heatsink?

Small die == easy to chip/crush/destroy.
Plate on top == built in shim that's guranteed to work without messing up your cooling too much. ;)

Rav said:
Whoa that K8A gem board has a funky layout, the memory at the top, and the AGP slot has PCI slots on both sides! :eek:

-Rav

It really is funky, but its a nice spot for the processor for a big ol' heatsink and room to work.....
(in small cases the PSU gets in the way of the heatsink when trying to work on it....

The weirdest thing I have seen is this socket 3 motherboard i have with a AMD 133 in it, it has 6 ISA slots (not too weird) However, behind those slots are 4 PCI slots.... Like so:
<pre>
____________________ ______________________
|_______|_______|____| |______________|______|
ISA(whatever they looks like) PCI

</pre>

Its really odd...

cxb said:

It really is funky, but its a nice spot for the processor for a big ol' heatsink and room to work.....
(in small cases the PSU gets in the way of the heatsink when trying to work on it....

The weirdest thing I have seen is this socket 3 motherboard i have with a AMD 133 in it, it has 6 ISA slots (not too weird) However, behind those slots are 4 PCI slots.... Like so:
<pre>
____________________ ______________________
|_______|_______|____| |______________|______|
ISA(whatever they looks like) PCI

</pre>

Its really odd...

How does that work?? The acr slot on both my msi and asus are tiny things. like an inch and a half long...

That proc had a monstrous amount of pins!!! Can't wait!

the good thing about this chip..its about the same size as the xp chip, but it has the heatspreader on it..so cooling will be simple...and the intel chip is just really small and compact..so its still easy to cool, but this should be even better

FYI heatspreader != better cooling
heatspread == extra thermal interface which means that it actually HINDERS your cooling efforts. :)

overclocking is what is loved most about amd I hope they dont make the mistake of making them "INTEL" like

Hammer boards

These must be light aka desktop motherboards. There should be 8 DIMMs.

Back