• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tattoo..worth it? Yamaha F1

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gemini1706

$100 at BestBuy...
I beleive I can use the tattoo thing from time to time in not fully-packed CDs...
Beside that, is the drive a good choice?
Is it worth the money?
And why?

Thanks in advance..

the drive is pretty good, i think that that cd labeling thing is a load of bullcrap. Its a quality cd-writer, especially for audio.
Don't know if it's worth the money when you can get a lite-on 52x for around half of that.

Its a lot easier to label your disc on the top of the CD with a marker than print some stupid tatoo on the bottom of the CD. It maybe good for your first 10 or so disc, but after that, the novelty wears off. So your friends might awe at it, but it will probably get old very fast. Its just a waste of money. Just bells and whistles, nothing more.

Exiler said:
Its a lot easier to label your disc on the top of the CD with a marker than print some stupid tatoo on the bottom of the CD. It maybe good for your first 10 or so disc, but after that, the novelty wears off. So your friends might awe at it, but it will probably get old very fast. Its just a waste of money. Just bells and whistles, nothing more.

Exactly what I think, I mean, it's a cool enough feature, and it's a step in the right direction, I just won't be interested in technology of this type until they can label the top of the cd!

Don't get it solely for the tattooage

Yamaha makes some of the best CD-RW drives for audio, period. It burns AND RIPS audio very well, which makes it more than worth the money :)

Back