• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best fair-priced gaming chair?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

true_blue

Currently looking at the MSI MAG120i at £169 on Scan UK. So my budget would be £150-200 (or around $250). I'd love to have a Secret Labs Titan Evo of course, but call me old fashioned... I just don't think a chair is worth that kind of money, even in today's economy!

My main needs are comfort for long periods of time, good arm support, breathable material and must be fully adjustable. I like that you can set the MAG120i to 180 degrees but I'll probably never lean back that much in all honesty. But after working in an office for 10 hours some days, I know how important posture and adjustment is. I plan to work from home as I venture into my new business of graphical design. So it's not just for gaming, but I am a big gamer also.

I don't care how a chair looks. I just want it to be solid, comfortable and not stupidly expensive! Any suggestion will be appreciated, whether it's from someone in the UK (like me), or beyond. Although I find that Americans usually pay a lot less for things than we do over here, so some things don't always translate at a similar price.

Cheers!

The MSI MAG120i
1698516166088.png

Last edited:
Personally I would go with an executive style chair instead of gaming. I tried a couple and my son uses one and they are hard as a rock to me. I picked up one that is full mesh and like it so far. You might check those out instead.
Thanks I'll keep that in mind! I thought gaming chairs would be more comfortable but I've seen a few people saying the same thing as you. It seems like a really difficult item to "buy right" and I know of nowhere you can go and sit in them to try them out. Cheers!

Look on Facebook marketplace/Craigslist/office warehouse locations for a used herman miller or steelcase chair. Can generally find them for a few hundred dollars and will likely be more comfortable and ergonomic than most (all?) Gaming chairs

Back