• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Duallie Setup Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jamng

Hello,

I followed the instructions for the OC Seti team and it works fine on my laptop, but when I follow the instructions for my duallie desktop, it doesn't work.

I get up to the part where I try to start SetiSpy and it just chokes. No messages or anything, Windows XP, just say the program isn't responding and would I like to end it now.

Any ideas on what is wrong?

Thanks!

Seti Spy is not 100% compatible with win XP. Your easiest solution for a dual box is to run Seti Driver by itself. Make sure you specify a cache size of at least 2, and Seti Driver should automatically select 2 processes if it detects both cpu's. Remember that Setis is not a multi threaded application, so in order to take advantage of multiple cpu's you must run more than one instance of the client - one per cpu.

Hmmmm, ok. I can setup the Seti Driver following the instructions to set it to 2 for processors and cache, but I'm confused about the part where "you must run more than one instance of the client - one per cpu."

How do I do that? Just click on seti driver twice? From reading the previous threads, I got the impression that simply setting the CPUs and Cache to 2 did that.

Thanks.

Seti Driver runs more than one client for you automatically. I was just commenting that if you use something else remember that you have to run two clients to make use of both cpu's.

Thanks I just started on Friday and am still trying to figure out some of this stuff.

I sometimes have the same problem with SETISpy and SETIDriver in my home rig.....what I have done is starting SETIDriver first and then start SETISpy with a 15 seconds delay with the -wait 15 seconds command.

Hmmmm, ok, how do you do that via the startup folder? i.e. Doesn't Windows XP sort of start things up with whatever order it feels like? Or it doesn't matter because of the -wait 15 parameters?

not sure how to set that up but when I had WindowsXP I believe I always had to start Spy a second time and it would work fine after that.

What I do is adding both SETIDriver and SETISpy into the startup folder. Then I open the SETISpy icon and click onto the properties. In the shortcut tab in the path I just add at the end -wait 15. That way SETISpy will start 15 seconds after SETIDriver has started. Correct the problem most of the times :santa:

Thanks. I'll give that a shot, but since it looks like the Seti Driver is running fine without it, I'll probably not tinker too much with it if it doesn't work :).

Back