• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is the best way to destory tanks in BF1942

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rb26dett

Disabled
Can someone tell me that ?? like what weapons, tanks and such .. cuz sometimes Im have hard time destroying enemy tanks with RPG or even a tank.:rolleyes:

i find that using the engineer and setting the explosives takes them out pretty fast, as well as land mines. other than that just rpg and run

M00CH said:
i find that using the engineer and setting the explosives takes them out pretty fast, as well as land mines. other than that just rpg and run

when I RPG, I do run and sometimes even fly and crush to my death (after the tank shots at me)

here is something a friend of mine does, be an engineer jump on a jeep or any other vehicle plant the dynamite, now use the jeep and drive around find a tank (prefebly from the back or even from the front your usual tank driver will try to crush your jeep) exit the vehicle go to a safe distance and blow your jeep along with the tank :D

it work's for a plane too :D

The tanks armor is always weakest in the back. If you get a direct shot at the rear of the tank you can destroy it in 1 or 2 Bazooka rounds. Tankers can't see to the sides and rear very well so once you get behind them they are dead.

Oh and several grenades under the treads works too.

and i can't fly the darn plane :mad: i always crash into things grrr!!! and no not that i don't know how to fly :p (i have more than 300 hours in Falcon IV :D)

Is there a way to climb a tank and throw a grenade inside the hatch?? that would be so kewl hehe

my best play in BF1942 EVER:

We were all waiting for a plane to come, when all of a sudden an enemy plane came on a bombing run right when the plane appeared. Well, being the genius little infantry guy i am, I start unleashing all of my ammo on our plane. The plane blows up, therefor blowing up the enemy plane and saving all of our lives. You had to see it. O ya, i always just run up to a tank and take cover and throw nades, then take cover, another, nade, take cover, etc. I like being infantry and scout. :)

When I start sniping.. you better not stop moving or I'm gonna get you :)
I've had ppl hunting me all game cause I keep putting a bullet in their head every time they stop for a second. PPl need to learn when your planes are hitting the NME base.. you gotta take out the damn AA guns. I've gotten 8 kills in a row off anyone that got the bright idea to shoot down our planes..

Lusankya how in the world you manage to get one shot kills? it takes me two or three shots to kill a person with a sniper rifle, i guess i just suck too much :)

baqai said:
Lusankya how in the world you manage to get one shot kills? it takes me two or three shots to kill a person with a sniper rifle, i guess i just suck too much :)

headshots

baqai said:
RB i can swear that i have shot people right in head (took my time aligning for the shot) but they just didn't died *grumble*

Lag dude, always a killer... we all need to be on OC93 or whatever it is to play bf1942 properly!

yea.. most likely lag

All I have to do is put the little dot on someones head and pull the trigger and boom headshot.. on rare occasion I will somehow miss and just wound them.. a second shot puts them down though if they didn't move before I reload.. nice since the aim is already there..

I've sniped jeep drivers as they wait for friends to get in the jeep.. And anyone that stops the APC or tanks and mans the top machine gun.. lights out for you also.

BTW.. yes if you are sniping my home base.. I will hear your shot and go hunting for you.. 9 times out of 10 I'll see your funny face before you can aim at me. and if you are laying down then its an easy headshot.

I just wish we could snipe pilots as they get into the cockpit just before they start rolling away...You can do that in Flashpoint... I love keeping NME choppers grounded cause anyone that gets in the seat gets a bullet through the eye.

Lusankya said:

BTW.. yes if you are sniping my home base.. I will hear your shot and go hunting for you.. 9 times out of 10 I'll see your funny face before you can aim at me. and if you are laying down then its an easy headshot.

I'm glad you'll hunt me down. As a matter of fact, I'm counting on your doing it. Along with half your team. So while you guys are running around like headless chickens, the rest of my team is raping your flags.

You confuse me Lusankya, let me get this straight, sniping is better because you think it requires more skill, and you also get 1/3 the kills of any non sniper. I fail to see the logic in not getting as many kills as possible. There are 3 types of people who will lose the game for you. Those 3 are:

1. Plane campers
2. Useless People who sit on boats and use artillery and get a kill every 5 minutes.
3. Snipers

When I'm playing Iwo Jima and I see 4+ snipers on my team, It gets me pretty ****ed off because they dont do nothin, and then when they do, they feel proud of themselves because they sniped like 5 people in a row and they start cocking off, when you look at their score, and they have 15 kills at the end of the match, and you have 45-50 along with the rest of the machine gunners and medics at the top 10 spots.

Jawsome said:
You confuse me Lusankya, let me get this straight, sniping is better because you think it requires more skill, and you also get 1/3 the kills of any non sniper. I fail to see the logic in not getting as many kills as possible. There are 3 types of people who will lose the game for you. Those 3 are:

1. Plane campers
2. Useless People who sit on boats and use artillery and get a kill every 5 minutes.
3. Snipers

When I'm playing Iwo Jima and I see 4+ snipers on my team, It gets me pretty ****ed off because they dont do nothin, and then when they do, they feel proud of themselves because they sniped like 5 people in a row and they start cocking off, when you look at their score, and they have 15 kills at the end of the match, and you have 45-50 along with the rest of the machine gunners and medics at the top 10 spots.

You may see this when you play with the normal batch of unorganized players. You play against a good, organized clan, and they will win regardless if half of them are snipers.

People miss the point of this game entirely. It's not about your kills. If you want kills, go play an old, outdated, mindless game much like Quake.

Back