• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can I upgrade the Athlon 900 in my laptop?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

v8440

Hi all,

I see that Newegg has mobile XP's in stock. I have a HP Pavilion N5425 laptop, which has an athlon 900 and sdram in it. Could I buy one of these faster mobile cpus and get it to work? I've never been into the laptop before, so I don't know if the cpu can even be removed.

It might be physically possible but I'm not sure if it will work, you should contact HP and ask if it can be done? Maybe a BIOS update will do the trick for ya, maybe the mobo doesn't support it, you have to check

Well, I just tried to call HP support. After being on hold for about 10 minutes, the phone began ringing. I thought a support rep was about to answer, but it rang 38 times before I gave up and hung up. All I want to know is the type of motherboard in the laptop, I can take care of the rest. Apparently, I can't even find that out without the personal help of Jesus.

Back