• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8k5a2+ what processor and OS running

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Just shoot

Like the topic says please list, reason being as there is quite a few people have problems getting this board running with the new TBREDs and XP or WIN2K running. Most get a BSOD error when installing of ***HARDWARE MALFUNCTION**** please contact hardware manufacturer SYSTEM HALTED.
Thanks in advance for any and all posts. Just shoot

pally in mine, saw something at epox' website though about system hang during win2k install in certain hardware configs. fixed in latest bios release.

Nope still not fixed tried that bios and all the betas as well but I'm willing to try something else if you have any ideas.

i have no idea, in the thread you posted the link to in spacemonkeys "new 8k5a2" thread. you said you had the same problem when you tried to put a pally in? i'm running win2k flawlessly @ 170fsb. havn't messed with the multi's cuz i cleaned the unlock off my chip a while back. if alot of people are having this problem with t-breds surely epox will release a bios update. have you tried starting over with a pally instead of the t-bred? format and fresh os install?

Yes, I did, I'm also going to try a xp2000 to see if there is any difference. Maybe it was just a bad board but boy alot of people are having problems.

looks that way, you're getting me worried, i had plans for a t-bred in this board. tis okay for now, i get some faster ram or unlock my chip again i know this pally runs over 1.9 stable. ran 1909 on my shuttle. good luck with it bro, i'm really happy with the stability of this board in my system as compared w/my shuttle ak31.

Back