• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EMIII HTML Auto Publisher ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Edward2

Has anyone tried using the HTML auto publisher part of EMIII? I am interested in using it with the EM Web Server, so that I can monitor my rigs from work. The part I cannot get to work is the "Make a Client Image after each frame". It is currently about 5pm and I have 5 rigs being monitored by EMIII. The EMIII images are dated: 10:48am, 10:50am, 10:59am, 2:26pm, and 3:31pm.

The Currentprogress.html file does seem to be updated quite frequently based on the date/time of the file, but the 5 images are dated as noted above.

Weatherman, I don't know how hard it would be, but it might be worth having this option update only every 30min or 1 hour (instead of after every frame).

Thanks.

Thanks Weatherman!!! I now have EMIII running on one of my Folding-only rigs, so that I can leave it visible all the time. It appears to be working just fine now. All 5 rigs are updating after each frame. I'm going to try to access the EMWebServer (running on that same rig) from work tomorrow.

BTW - I am going to buy the Registered version so that I can get access to the extra features. Thanks again for all your hard work.

The EM Web Server program is working great, but I have had mixed results with the EMIII HTML Auto Publisher so far.

On Monday, I checked my stats from work only to find out that EMIII had stopped updating the CurrentProgress.html file at around 4:30am on Monday. I got home and checked EMIII to find that it must have lost communications with my other rigs (at least temporarily). If I remember correctly, the color monitor status by each rig in EMIII was Orange.

On Tuesday, I checked my stats and 4 of the 5 rigs were updating correctly all day long. The 5th rig is my son's and he had been playing games on the computer Tuesday morning, so EMIII quit updating that rig's stats when the color monitor status turned Red.

On Wednesday, I checked my stats from work only to find out that EMIII had stopped updating the CurrentProgress.html file at around 6:15am. It was working at 6:00am when I checked them before I left for work.

Weatherman, would it be difficult to have EMIII try to re-establish communications with "offline" rigs every hour or so? This might help fix the problems that I have seen so far. Or do you have any other ideas or suggestions? I will update this post tonight and let you know what I find out with regards to this latest incident.

Has anyone else in the forums tried using the EM Web Server and EMIII HTML Auto Publisher yet?

I've had some other requests for that (have EM try and re-establish contact with lost connections). I will probably add that and study it a while. I don't do it now as when EM tries to establish contact with a dead network connection it uses 100% CPU until it gives up. I run a network of my own and have 8 systems all tied together and EM loses a connection only when a system crashes... doesn't happen often, but it happens. Other than that, the network is rock solid stable. I don't know why you might be losing contact. If EM loses contact via LAN then the icon will turn red, if it just starts taking a very long time to do a frame because someone is using a computer, it turns orange. It will not stop updating just because it turns orange, but that computer won't update unless a frame is completed... (graphical update mode). Now the other stats update on a schedule and only read from the database, and that shouldn't interfere with anything. If you're losing LAN contact, it might mean that someone is rebooting and a connection isn't being re-established because EM alerts the user and expect them to fix the problem manually... currently. I'll see about having EM do this about every hour or so and see how that works out. If I don't see a problem I'll make it a new feature. Other than that, I'd look for the reasons why contact is lost and see about fixing that issue.

Maybe you can help me interpret and understand what is happening with my setup. I have 5 computers on my home LAN (my main rig, my son's rig, and 3 folding-only rigs). I have EMIII running on the main, son's, and 1 of the folding-only rigs. The folding-only rig is the one that I am using EMIII with the Web Server.

I had another problem today, and I have linked 3 pictures to this reply. If you could, please take a look and let me know what you think might be happening.

The first picture is a closeup of EMIII on the folding-only rig (named Tualatin in EMIII). Picture 1

The second picture shows the Tualatin version of EMIII in the top right, shows the Main rig version of EMIII on the left, and shows the FAH client for the Tualatin rig in the lower left. You will notice that the Tualatin EMIII shows itself as orange, even though FAH is still running. Picture 2

The third picture simply shows that I had to shutdown EMIII on the Tualatin rig and re-start it to get EMIII to update. You will also notice that all 5 rigs are now listed in the correct order vs. only 4 rigs being shown in the wrong order in the second picture. Picture 3

The correct order of the rigs on EMIII should be: Main, Andrew, Tualatin, Biostar, and Biostar2.
Thank you for any input you may have regarding this problem.

After I read your message last night I set up 5 of my rigs (1 local and 4 networked) so that EM would create a visual image each time one finished a frame which seems like where you have your issues. After about 8 hours everything appears normal this morning. Not a glitch as far as I can see. It made image after image all night long. Even had one of my networked systems "freeze up" around 12:40 AM. I used that one in my tests because I know the MB is unstable with the 1700+ AMD CPU I have installed in it. Everything kept working as normal even when that happened... which is exactly what it is supposed to do. ;)

I'm not sure what's going on with your rigs. I will keep researching this issue to see if there is some odd bug in the code. For now, I would stick with monitoring your stuff with the normal HTML save at a selected interval of your choice. Something may be causing a problem with the image capture routines, I don't know. You are so far the only person reporting this kind of problem when using this feature.

I realize that I have probably used up my allotment of questions for the next year, but I really appreciate your taking the time to answer all of my questions. I have a much greater understanding of how EMIII and the Web Server software work now.

I'm somewhat surprised that nobody else has reported any problems similar to mine, but maybe that means it has something to do with my particular setup. I may try running EMIII and the Web Server programs on a different rig just to see what happens.

I don't expect you to spend a lot of time on this, but if you do happen to figure something out, please let me know. THANKS AGAIN.

Well, I've had a few people that kinda used up their "questions" ... but, this isn't one of those kind of things. ;)

If I didn't use these programs myself then I guess I wouldn't be able to catch most of the problems before or at the same time as other users see them. But, I run the program 24/7 around here and if it's going to break, I can usually do it. But, I don't configure mine the same as everyone else. So, we'll start with that. What I need you to do is take a few snaps of the options menu screens. One with the line of check boxes (option screen 3) and the web page screen (last one), and the screen just before the last one where you set up all the HTML stuff. Once I duplicate your settings on my system, maybe I can make the program do what yours is doing... or have you change something that will make the issues stop.

Here are the 3 Options pages that you requested. I did not change any of the settings last night after I restarted EMIII, so these should be the settings that were active when the problem occurred. Option 3 Option 5 Option 6

FYI, I forgot to mention last night that I rebooted the computer for a Windows update after I made those screen prints. I then restarted EMIII and it has not had any problems since then (about 25 hours now). It is updating the CurrentProgress.html file regularly. I did forget to restart the EM Web Server program however. I mention this because it might be useful information to help diagnois the problem.

Another update.... I let EMIII run for about 48 hours (until about 8pm Saturday night) without running the EM Web Server program. EMIII did not have any problems, other than the normal losing communications when I had to reboot my main computer. I then started the EM Web Server program at about 8pm on Saturday evening, and I have not had any problems since then either. The CurrentProgress.html file is updating correctly and everything.

One thing I did notice when I restarted EM Web Server was that some of the options which had been "locked out" were now enabled. I had entered the registration key earlier last week, but it did not seem to enable all of the options at that time. I don't know if the program needed to be shutdown and restarted after entering the key, or if the computer needed to be rebooted.

I have not tried to access the EM Web Server via the internet since I restarted it on Saturday, but I will do that tomorrow from work and let you know how it works.

Well wouldn't you know it, EMIII crashed last night at about 11:30pm based on the times in the CurrentProgress.html file. It was working fine at about 10:30 when I went to bed. I then checked on it at about 6:00am this morning before I left for work, and it had crashed as I mentioned. Here is the Screen Shot.

Well, I'm fairly convinced there are "other" issues going on.
Looking at that image, every visible client was not completing a frame on time. I can't even begin to guess as to why. The status icons are not indicating network issues, they indicate that EM wasn't seeing changes in the frame progress when it expected them... on all of them. EM seems to be locked up updating the HTML visual screen. Another odd issue. Well, you've got me stumped.

It is definitely a weird problem and I too have not figured out what is going on. I don't have a lot of programs installed/running on that particular computer. I do have EMIII, EM Web Server, MBM5, FAH client, and PC Anywhere running under W2K Pro. PC Anywhere is the only program I can imagine that "might" cause some sort of problem, but I would think it would conflict with the EM Web Server and not EMIII.

Other than this issue, I am not aware of any other problems with this particular computer. It does not BSOD, crash, reboot, etc.

Anyway, I may try a few more things and I will keep you updated.

The WeatherMan said:
I've had some other requests for that (have EM try and re-establish contact with lost connections). I will probably add that and study it a while. I don't do it now as when EM tries to establish contact with a dead network connection it uses 100% CPU until it gives up. I run a network of my own and have 8 systems all tied together and EM loses a connection only when a system crashes... doesn't happen often, but it happens. Other than that, the network is rock solid stable. I don't know why you might be losing contact. If EM loses contact via LAN then the icon will turn red, if it just starts taking a very long time to do a frame because someone is using a computer, it turns orange. It will not stop updating just because it turns orange, but that computer won't update unless a frame is completed... (graphical update mode). Now the other stats update on a schedule and only read from the database, and that shouldn't interfere with anything. If you're losing LAN contact, it might mean that someone is rebooting and a connection isn't being re-established because EM alerts the user and expect them to fix the problem manually... currently. I'll see about having EM do this about every hour or so and see how that works out. If I don't see a problem I'll make it a new feature. Other than that, I'd look for the reasons why contact is lost and see about fixing that issue.

I run the EM software to monitor my folding systems at work (14 Intel P4's) and I lose connectivity to one or two of them every day. If left running over the weekend, I lost probably half. This is probably due to the network setup here (congestion etc) but having EM attempt to reconnect at certain intervals would be really nice, maybe even a "reconnect" button on those systems that have lost connectivity. That way I wouldn't have to restart EM every time I need to re-establish. Not a really big deal, but thought I would let you know since you said you don't see this issue often.

Originally posted by Shad I run the EM software to monitor my folding systems at work (14 Intel P4's) and I lose connectivity to one or two of them every day. If left running over the weekend, I lost probably half. This is probably due to the network setup here (congestion etc) but having EM attempt to reconnect at certain intervals would be really nice, maybe even a "reconnect" button on those systems that have lost connectivity. That way I wouldn't have to restart EM every time I need to re-establish. Not a really big deal, but thought I would let you know since you said you don't see this issue often.
Just double-click the computer status icon and it will reset itself and try to re-connect.

The WeatherMan said:
Just double-click the computer status icon and it will reset itself and try to re-connect.

And I bet thats probably in the documentation too eh? I just pulled an end-loser move there...:D RTFM!

Back