• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

high fsb question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
ok ill make it short.specs in sig,main rig.
im burning in and is really helping the samsung reach high fsb speeds.

both sticks are in now.
the 2100 corsair ive run 207 fsb before.
the sammy im burning it in mainly.
2.8vdimm 2.5-3-3
im doing 197 100%stable ,but only 1867mhz.
i bump the multi so i can run 1970 @197fsb i get program crashes and just a video screen lockup.no bsod tho.mabey its the video but ive run it at 207 before also.

i guess my question is why can it work perfect at 197x9.5 but not 10x197.to me its not a cpu issue.ive run it at 2040 mhz no prob except for heat issues.i will go lower the agp to 2x just to see what happens but that isnt no solution to me.thoughts ideas?

the 2200+ is not a vary good o/c. the chip can't handle the high bawiths of high fsb. i had one and couldn't get over 1905 stable out of it. tride evrything but the chip just wouln't o/c worth a s**t.

well that might explain my problems im seeing.
guess i cant have best of both worlds this time.done more testing by removing the 2100 and everything went same as before.
so its gotta be the cpu crapping out.
thing is also my room is cold with windows open so i can play harder.no help at all.took her upto 2040 but 160fsb.really unstable.
i will admit 2002@182 isnt nothing to cry about :D

gonna do h20 after xmas ,might just have to pick up a 2400 or better.

Well you seem to have reached the limits of your chip. The 2200+ usually topped off around 2 GHz and to answer your question, upping a multiplier will most likely create instability when the chip is about to hit a wall. In order to test whether you can get it higher, you'll most likely need voltage which adds heat and the 2200+ is well known for its heat.

Yodums

Back