• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking the XP. Need Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rickster

I have a Asus A7V333 mobo and a Athlon XP 2000+(1667Mhz)
So far I have overclocked it to a safe Mhz which doesnt crash when playing games and benchmarking. That is 1750Mhz. Can I go further? I should be able to. But when I tried 1780Mhz it started to go cranky and crash when I played games.
Can you ppl help me?

I agree that you need to post your hardware and what your temps are so we know what we're working with.

We'll be glad to help you.

Ahhh yea thank you nameless one.
Specs
mobo: A7V333 ASUS
ram: PC2700 256 DDR Apacer RAM
CPU: Athlon XP 2000+
PSU: 400 watt ATX iCUTE(Comes with casing)
graphic card: ELSA GLADIAC 511 GeForce 2 MMX 400

i think these are the most important ones

I have overclocked it to a safe 1750 mhz and the vCore settings are 1.750.
ASUS boards dont have a memCore Setting. Are there any utlities i can get?

Nah you can raise the VCore by 0.01 i think each step it goes it goes by 0.25
Well if its called something else then could anyone help me out?

my heat of the comp is 58C-60C load
using Arkua cooler 7228. Copper and aluinium heat sink.
52C-56C idle.

Dont worry bout the temps. im getting that fixed with some artic silver 3, and an Thermal right SLK 800 using my 7000RPM fan(muahahaha). i have 4 fans in front and at the back 2 fans blowing out and one fan on the side panel blowing in. thats all my fans. hey i cant help the frenzy of fans. malaysia is like a steam roller. 32C to 33C.

Rickster said:
Dont worry bout the temps. im getting that fixed with some artic silver 3, and an Thermal right SLK 800 using my 7000RPM fan(muahahaha). i have 4 fans in front and at the back 2 fans blowing out and one fan on the side panel blowing in. thats all my fans. hey i cant help the frenzy of fans. malaysia is like a steam roller. 32C to 33C.
Yes but you need to worry about your temps now! Thats why it is crashing when you play games. BTW you dont need to tell me about the temps in Malaysia!:cool:

I'm sure you can get that xp2000 higher. But, your temps are a little high for idle. Change your HSF. Then try again. :):):)

Last edited:
HEHE OC Detective.
What do you people use for your thermal paste? I was looking for the Artic Silver 3 product. Its so so so rare. Only 1 out of 15 shops you'll be able to find it, If you r lucky. And OC Detective Where did you find your ThermalRight AX-7? In K.L? Which shop? Its impossible to find the ThermalRight SLK 800. So far only Ive seen one shop which sells it for RM260. So hard to find stuff here.

Had to go down to Sim Lim Square in S'pore for the AX7 and my Lian Li case couldnt find them in KL when I was looking. Couldnt even get AS3 but got some AS2 in PJ.

Wow you live near to PJ?
Oh Lian Li was simple to find. Duno which one you are looking for but I saw plenty in KL. AS3 was tough but i got 1 of it.
Oh yes... Im about to do my heatsink n my AS3 so I can proceed to overclock more. And if I already applied thermal paste to the heatsink and the CPU. How do I remove it. I checked the intructions but it never said how to remove the thermal paste in the microscopic holes. If you know what product is good for removing thermal thingys could you advice which ones to get..... in malaysia obviously.

Nail polish remover (the clear stuff) - not so easy to get pure alcohol here for obvious reasons! Where did you find the AS3? BTW (I live in Damansara).

WOW hey i live in damansara too!!! Not joking. Yup i was fixing my mum's friends new comp and it was my first tiem puttin on thermal stuff. So i dint really use much materials and i use nail polish remover... hehe my sis. dunt tell her. AS3 you can find in Low Yat Plaza next to sungai wang and imbi plaza.
Theres this shop( a small one) call overclockers paradise.. only opened on sundays. sells alot of overlockers stuff.
BTW what are your temps like?
Is that delta good on thermalright products?
Cos im going to get my thermalright slk800 from that shop 2day and put my ARKUA 6800-7000 and more fan onto it

hi malaysia ppl

hi malaysia ppl.i also form malaysia.i also using athlon 2000xp,mobo MSI KT4V,memory is 512mb twinmos pc-2700 ddram.but i only can set the fsb to 136 and more than that prime95 error.temp on idle 53c and load 61c.have u use prime95 to make sure your system stable or not?for as3 i also cannot find in singapore.i live in jb so i always go there.for heat sink i am using cooler master heat pipe with 7000rpm fan.got a new thermal paste look like as3 and the brand name is antec silver.it is also good.same price with as3

Back