• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

We are #8 in the world.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
While writing the title, I have: "We are we are... the youth of the nation. We are we are." Oh music. It's an interesting concept that when we hear certain songs from our youth, we are temporarily transported in time. I enjoy thinking of those moments as time traveling. Anyway, enough of this nonsense, let's get to why we are here.

#8 in the world. We are chasing NVIDIA still. EVGA has jumped out of our reach for now. Hardware.no has also increased production away from our totals. Both teams have about 20 additional active folders than we do. Roughly 40% more than we have. Hopefully now that fall is here, we can bump up production. I think I will fire up my last rig this weekend and be back in it.

In the world top 100, we have the following:
@WhitehawkEQ is #33
@HayesK is #36
@HayesK is #58
@torin3 is #79
@dfonda is #84
@Holdolin is #97

We have a few teammates looking to break into the world top 100 so let's cheer them on. WOOT! or Huzza, or hip hip hooray, or whatever. How you cheer folks on is all you.

The team is presently down to 36 active folders. We are happy to have all of you and we could use more. So if you're reading this, and you'r not folding for T32, please reach out and we will help you get involved. Like most games, it's easy to start but takes skill to master. It's fun and it helps the scientific community solve issues around cancer and alzhiemers, mad cow and other protein based illness. Our average ppd (points per day) is up to 9 million.

Top 15 are earning 1 million ppd or more.
Top 7 are earning 10 million ppd or more. I hope to be in this group soon.
Top 4 are earning 20 million ppd or more.
Top 3 are earning 30 million ppd or more. @Farwalker2u
Top 2 are earning 50 million ppd or more. @WhitehawkEQ
Top 1 is earning 120 million ppd or more. @HayesK

Not much by way of individual milestones. That is, in the way that EOC lists them. We do have two so here they are.
Zaptap has earned 6 million.
Random Cookie42 has earned 900k. Getting close to your first million.

That's all I got this week. I've got to go back to reviewing footage of a road rage shooting. Hours and hours of footage to review. Gets old faster than I thought it would but it pays well.

So look. Between now and next Friday, let's see what we can do to put a scare in the teams above us. Lets add production where we can. Build, borg, recruit. This was the mantra when I started here about 20 years ago. Build machines to fold. Borg (Star Trek reference) machines that you don't own BUT have permission to use. Recruit new teammates. Build, borg, recruit.

Until next week, please be well, be happy and FOLD ON!

Last edited:
Looking right now I see that only 55 people are folding? If we are going to move up the food change, we need more people to start folding.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-23 171437.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-23 171437.png
    5.5 KB · Views: 4
Can you image if all the people that are not folding started to fold, we would take first place in no time.
Actually the better thing would be for the anonymous folks to join Team 32 ...why not join a team if your going to fold...Its been proven our T32 has the smartest and best looking folks. (Just look at Don...) :cheers:

I guess I am too competitive.:cool:
You're good. When I started, OC'ing was all the rage and we had a lot of college folks invovled. As it happens, college folks graduate and get jobs and struggle to pay bills. Folding and... well... fun goes out the window for a period of time. Many never came back. Life happens.

ALSO

Take me as an example. I changed my folding name. My old name is now on the list of inactive folders yet, I'm very active. HayseK too. He's had like 3 names that I know of. Some have moved on and some have passed on. The fact that our team number is 32 shows that we were early adopters. Team numbers now are like 29136. So we'll have a list of inactive folders.

We are fortunate to have such a large list. It means that we have been at it for a long time and have had many people contribute under our flag. "Our flag means death." <---- has no bearing on this conversation. It's the name of a show that I like.

Back