• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dont waste your time on the kt333 ultra

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pirate252

I bought this and im sure some of you know thati complained about it trying to get it to work, and yeah i just sent it back after having crucial send me a new RAM stick becsaue i thought that was it (go crucial there customer service rocks) and now i sent it back and am getting a full refund from newegg.com (another place i highly recomend, they rock also)..so yeah that board sucks dont buy it, it just sucks...

Matt

True, maybe i did get a bad one, but i have heard a lot of complaints about them here on this very forum...

And if you look in the other MB forums I am sure you will see lot of other people having problems with other boards.

I will say the only real way to tell the ratio of good to bad boards is to check the return line at your local PC store. No, FRY's Electronics is not a good example.

haha

Yeah when i called in on this board at crucial, and at newegg they both told me that they received an incredible amount of complints about this board, so that just furthered my suspicion, but now i am rid of it and it's evil so i am happy. And Rcoe, im sorry if i ofended you, but i really am dissapointed with soyo and especially there support that they have when i was was trying to fix this problem, if you like them then good, maybe your got the good end, and i go tthe bad, good luck to you.

Matt

Just bought the Soyo KT400 Ultra PE...can't get it to boot with AMD 2000+, Mushkin RAM and Asus vid card...Will try agin tonight, if not, I taking it back to Fry's and let them work on it. If they can't get it to boot, I'm getting a refund. Anybody know of a thread that discusses this mobo in detail?

Most likely it is the FOC, make sure your cpu fan is plugged into the cpu header. Also some fans don't work real good with the FOC. Try pushing the insert key as soon as the monitor pops on, then go into bios and turn the FOC off. You can also try plugging another fan into the cpu fan header.

You might want to try amdmb.com pretty good Soyo forum there.

Other than the fact that this board doesnt have a 1/5 divider, I havent heard many complains at all about this board. The one I had got AGOIA1600 Y 0213 to 12.5x at 152fsb=1.9ghz on air with good temps and rock stable. From what I have researched and experienced this is a wonderfully stable board until you push it too far(like all mobo's). But even though I feel this way, I would never buy one again simply because my Epox 8K5A2+ does everything the Dragon did and cost me a whole lot less. Sorry to hear you got a bad one.

BTW, Ive used 3 different cpu's,4 different brands of ddr, and 2 different graphic cards in my Dragon and never had a problem with any of it.

Pyros said:
Other than the fact that this board doesnt have a 1/5 divider, I havent heard many complains at all about this board. The one I had got AGOIA1600 Y 0213 to 12.5x at 152fsb=1.9ghz on air with good temps and rock stable. From what I have researched and experienced this is a wonderfully stable board until you push it too far(like all mobo's). But even though I feel this way, I would never buy one again simply because my Epox 8K5A2+ does everything the Dragon did and cost me a whole lot less. Sorry to hear you got a bad one.

BTW, Ive used 3 different cpu's,4 different brands of ddr, and 2 different graphic cards in my Dragon and never had a problem with any of it.

I have had the same experiance with my KT333 UP. Changed out a few things from time to time with no probs. until I tried OC it beyond it's limits. Then it does some really cool stuff. NOT.
At anyrate, I like this board a lot and will be building a system on the KT400a versionand am upgrading mt KT333 to the Abit NF7-S board. I also am sorry to hear you had a bad experiance Pirate.
I have had zero luck with Shuttle, ECS and some MSI boards, but it's all hit and miss. If it was a perfect world, we all would be able to own a 3000+ with 2gig of DDR. :)

Thanks, VTech

I wish i didnt have such luck, but maybe ill be better off with the asus im lookin at.

Matt

Rcoe, I tried 3 different fans including one that spun at 4K RPM.

Pyros, do you have a Palomino .18 or a T-bred .13? I'm hearing that the Soyo KT400 is not compatible with T-breds.

Its a 1600+ green pally. And from what I have read from peoples posts, the KT400 in general really isnt any better for the most part than the KT333.

Ahh, the Thoroughbreds do not come in the 1600 variety (they start at 1700). Hmmm, I gotta XP 2000 that might be a Palomino. If it is, lets see if I can boot with that instead.

The Soyo kt400 is fully compatable with the t-breds. The kt400 is a much better board than the kt333, especially if you are looking to overclock. I don't think the kt400 is much if any faster than the 333, but as far a features go it is no contest. The Soyo kt333 had no divider and the kt400 give you a choice of 3, kt400 automatically unlocks all t-breds. Most than say there is no difference are those running 333.

As far as your problem, you have tried the insert key to get into bios? Also make sure memory is seated good and that there is no thermal compound anywhere other than where it is supposed to be. Just a tiny smudge of compound can cause all sorts of erratic behavior.

Rcoe said:
The kt400 is a much better board than the kt333.

Theres the quote i was lookin for from you, sure maybe the 400 is a nice board, and you would know that, not me, but the 333 sucked, thats all im sayin...lol

Matt

My AMD 2000 is a Palamino and everything works great. Took out the 2000 and put the AMD 2100 and no boot/POST/BIOS. I don't have another board to test the 2100 with so don't know if it's a bad CPU or what. Are all Tbreds 0.13 micron or are some 0.18 micron?

Last edited:
dvj81 said:
My AMD 2000 is a Palamino and everything works great. Took out the 2000 and put the AMD 2100 and no boot/POST/BIOS. I don't have another board to test the 2100 with so don't know if it's a bad CPU or what. Are all Tbreds 0.13 micron or are some 0.18 micron?

I believe 0.13 (from this page it looks like all XP are 0.13)?
bottom of the page
http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/ProductInformation/0,,30_118_1274_3734^3748,00.html

You may find what your looking for here (PDF)http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/ProductInformation/0,,30_118_1274_3734^3748,00.html

You say don't get one and you don't give specifics why?!?!? Or tell us what type of probs you had or share your experiance with it?!?!?!

**sigh**
Rob

Back