• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8K7A+ & 1700 t-bred

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IdreamofDSl

I just saw newegg edvertising 1700 xp tbred core's and was wondering if I can use it with an 8k7a+ mobo. It does not list it in the cpu recommendation list but it lists the 1800 tbred as a non recommended cpu and 1900-2200 tbred as recommended.

Is this just because the tbred runs at 1.6-1.7 volts and this mobo only goes down to 1.8 volts? Its going to be overclocked anyways so the votage is'nt an issue. Thanks for any help.

Well I guess it does work. I picked one up at a computer show today and installed it. The mobo defaulted to 1.55 volts and I bumped it to 1.75 volts. So far its been running at 11.5x145 (1750) for about 5 hours running the prime 95 tourture test. Full load temps are around 34c.

Yeah, I got that type of combo from Newegg, the Epox ($35) and the tbred 1700+ ($57). I love it, it is running at 2100+, with no problems and the hottest it has gotton with a cheap hsf is 34 deg.

WyrmMaster said:
allright, im not the only person still running that mobo :)

I still use this board and I have a brand new one just sitting on my desk that I need to put to use....

i have the same setup....any also have the "Unknown CPU Type" display on boot up and also in WCPUID?

i flashed to the newest bios and it still says it

Back