• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tornado 80x80x38 too loud ??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KGH

I just installed my Tornado on Sk7 and I feel like iam on airplane now .. I guess that is why it's called tornado
43C ( not OC yet ) on 1600+AGOIA
Is it possible to exchange for a quiter one ? I got it at svcompucyle.com .. man I can hear the fan from living room

Just use a rheostat like I do. I can hear my Delta 80 all the way from the 2nd floor of my house but if I slow the fan down from 5700rpm to 4000rpm, it's almost like it isn't even running. I can hear my case fans.

kevinN said:
I just installed my Tornado on Sk7 and I feel like iam on airplane now .. I guess that is why it's called tornado
43C ( not OC yet ) on 1600+AGOIA
Is it possible to exchange for a quiter one ? I got it at svcompucyle.com .. man I can hear the fan from living room

Ohhhh lovely loud powerful fan- i'll buy it off you!:p

Last edited:
Oh
so you can slow down the fan speed ?
cool, because I just checked the system it says the Fan at 6025RPM. 1600@ 10.5x153/1606mhz just up 30mins and had to power the "jet engine" off too noisy

can someone show me how to slow down the fan ?

Sk-7 with 80x80x38 mm tornado
1600+agoia
gigabyte 7vXTE dualbios/ easy Tune

thanks

yes
the FAN has a yellow cable with I believe is the controller ( hook to the CPU fan board ) and power cable

thnx
I did it, the 7v mod with electric tapes
not sure what is the rpm now ? since the system does not show it anymore after I did the 7v mod umm weird
still lil bit loud but less than b4

i'm surprized your temp is that high are you using as3?? abuddy of mine has the same heatsink as you on an xp1800+ and he's running around 38 degrees C idle.

Does removing the fan grill really make it quieter? Or give it a different pitch.

LOL I have an 80mm Tornado also. When I first got it, I tested it first in my computer, not installed, just hooked up. Then i turned off the computer, put thr Tornado back in the box, and left it there. My watercooling parts should be here by the end of next week, so I'll probably list it in the classifieds along with my AX-7.

*edit* I ran it without the fan grill also.

well mine is loud... but I got myself a Vantec Nexus. And running it at lowest setting gives me almost no noise, a very faint hum on all 7 of my fans including tornado.

But my temps under any circumstance never go above 45c. and usually stay around 38 and thats with all my fans on low. With them all blasting my temps are about 4c lower. Control of your fans is very nice to have in case global warming causes the temperature of the earth to rise by 20C :rolleyes: I can just crank it up. Of course it doesnt beat watercooling... but watercooling seems like a pain in the a$$ for me. This is just fine.

kevinN said:
thnx
I did it, the 7v mod with electric tapes
not sure what is the rpm now ? since the system does not show it anymore after I did the 7v mod umm weird
still lil bit loud but less than b4

Did you leave the yellow wire in the connector and hook it back into the Mobo? Should still read RPM.

Back