• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hows MS on RMAs?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tebore

My Natural Elite KB is messed after 3 months of Key pounding.
Anyway how are they on the RMA process? Is it a hassle? Because if it is I'll get buy a new Logitech, also how is logitech on RMAs? Please share some Experiences.
TIA.

Last edited:
2 words, "don't bother" :(

I've never even had M$ accept an RMA, they always find some way that "You broke it." One of the major reasons I the only M$ thing I use is Windows (because I have to for games) and Mechwarrior: Mercs (gotta have my giant robotic war machines :D ).

My 1st generation Intellimouse Optical was acting funny, so I called them up. They asked me to read out the UPC code on the bottom, and then they sent me a free replacement mouse.

Great service, if you ask me. I didn't have to send in my old mouse either.

hmm,well ive never tried rma'ing or returning a mouse or kboard.
mabey couse i liek the challenge of fixing it.and 95% of the time i can.

but i dont blame anyone who would rma a defective part as they may not like fixing things.and paid for a warrenty in the original price.

long as its within 1 year im sure it should be no prob.

Hmm, seems like I'm the only one who ever had a prob with em. Weird cause it wasn't just a one time thing. Oh well, I guess there's no harm in trying ;)

I used to be involved with the vendors at my last job. M$ usually will not take your complaints or RMA's and will instead tell you to deal with the vendor ie Newegg, INsight instead. BTW both newegg and Insight are great about RMA's. Stay clear of CDW as they will have you jumping through hoops for days. I was in CD-double hockey sticks for about a week over some defective monitors that we received.

deathstar13 said:
hmm,well ive never tried rma'ing or returning a mouse or kboard.
mabey couse i liek the challenge of fixing it.and 95% of the time i can.

lol, for some reason after i read your post i had a picture of a guy in a basement taking apart a lightbulb to fix it :D
i love fixing things, it gives me some satisfaction knowing the money i spent at devry wasnt a complete waste. however, if i still have a warrenty i'm going to use it. (unless it's something very simple to fix)

If it's still under warranty, they should be able to repair or replace your keyboard free of charge (except maybe shipping charges).

Microsoft has plenty of people working at call centers, just look up their tech support line and give them a ring.

Back