• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Woot finally cleaned out system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MEAT BAG

Well after the film coating from a crap batch of UV dye and the food coloring i used to cover up the goo the UV dye left behind i thought i should clean it out. Its weird being able to see through the tubes again. I couldnt get the sort of blue tint off the inside of the Maze3 :mad: . The tygon r-3603's wall was twice as thick too which i didnt know when i orderd it since it never said so it was hard to get on the fittings.
P1010004.JPG

damn I still gotta do that. I said I would do it over my winter break but I'm lazy. hah. So what did you use to clean it out?

I think yoru setup looks better with the clear H2O then the blue stuff.

BTW, I see you are using a TT active memory cooling setup. Did you gain anything from using it, or is it just for the "cool" factor?

it was for the cool factor and i was bored

here was a b4 pic with the blue food coloring
623-1007-36335.jpg

and here is what the uv dye had done to the tubes b4 that
623-1007-22678.jpg

a peice of good tubing is being held next to it

I originally had red food coloring in my lines... stained everything... I bet if i cleaned out my maze-2 I'd see nothing but red LoL! FYI my lines are a "pink" color. red got in them and won't come out <g>

-Toysrme

Hoseclamps are for suckers. haha jk. He has tygon and that holds pretty tight. Even after I take my clamps off, it takes a lot of work to get them to separate.

Hey meatbag, what did you clean your system with? CLR, vinegar, etc?

i used vinegar to clean it out. i havent ever used clamps and its been running about 8 months now

Overbrazil said:
no hose clamps ? hummm think aboout it. If it was poly barbs, ok, but brass.....

Yea, the Tygon and ClearFLEX have an excellent grip on barbs... I have to seriously give a big tug to get them off of mine, so I don't use hose clamps. Plus, I only have the cheap plastic ones, so those wouldn't help anyways. :)

Despite what some people will tell you, I see no reason to not use any hose clamps... That $2.50 you spend suuuure dose ease the mind quite abit...

-Toysrme

i dont use them b/c i have to cut slits in mine to get them off. besides the only place i can get theplastic hose clamps is online and i dont like spending $.99 on something then paying $5.99 on shipping

MEAT BAG said:
i dont use them b/c i have to cut slits in mine to get them off. besides the only place i can get theplastic hose clamps is online and i dont like spending $.99 on something then paying $5.99 on shipping

Try k-mart. They have them in the auto department. That is if you even want them.

dont get the cheep ones they stretch and the threads go,
get some staneless steel ones
I get mine from home depot 68cens (CND) each about 40cens US

Iv bought cheep ones, but iv replaced them ... buy cheep buy twice LOL

Borgy

so try DIY stores or Auto parts stores

I'm using 1/2" id x 5/8" od reinforced vinyl tubing with 1/2" brass barbs the fit is very tight.` NO Clamps for me. I tried to take the tube off of my pump and broke the JBWeld joint holding the barb in place on my pump. I also wound up having to slit the tube to remove it.

Back