• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what waterblock with a tec??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Philup_Bowls

Registered
i think my next pc is going to be watercooled with a pelt on it!! but wich waterblock should i get??? wich one is the best?? all the waterblocks i have been looking at dont alllow a pelt to be used with it... thx for the help!!

yes, i will use the 4 holes to mount it on.. any other sugestions or is that about the best at the moment??

The Danger Den Maze3-1 seems like a pretty decent setup.

From what I hear Swifttech is a class act and provides all the insulating supplies you need to do the whole job. (But check this out for yourself, because I'm not sure what comes with the Swifttech setup.)

According to BillA's testing you would probably be much better off with the MCW462-UT rather than the MCW462-UHT.

Also, if you want the best, you might want to consider Cathar's microchannel pelt block. I believe there is a recent thread in watercooling discussing it.

the only problem with that is that it accepts the maximum of 40mm peltiers, no 226watt peltiers going on there

Also with the Swiftech do you still have to sillicone the socket or is that neoprene enough? Also why don't they give you a neoprene patch to put in center of socket. They say nothing about protecting the center of the socket in their instructions.

With mine I just used the gasket and put dieletric grease between the gasket and the zif. Inside the socket I used liquid eletrical tape( I put it up around the zif a little too) and used it on the back of the socket as well. Your best bet would be to get the MCW462-UHT cause you can use 1/2" ID tubing. Also to power the pelt I would get the MeanWell PSU. With those two and a 86 Chevette heater core I get a idle temp of 11C, load temp of 15C and thats with a room temp of 80F. I can go lower if I open the window with doing that I have hit an idle temp of 6C and a load temp of 10C.

swifty mcw-462uht or if ur a doiturselfer a swifty mcw-5000 w/ a homebrewn insulation and other pelt unit, as it's pelt has been delayed since dec1

Back