• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which case?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jmr89gt

Registered
I am trying to decide between two cases/psu's. I was wondering if I would see a difference between the Chieftec Server tower DX-01SLD with a sparkle 400 watt psu which comes to about 130 bucks at newegg or the ANTEC Performance PLUS Model PLUS1080AMG which comes with the antec true power 430 for 128 bucks. The two cases are exactly the same i think, it is just the PSus that are different. Would one be a better buy than the otehr performance wise?

thanks

chieftec cases = rebadged antec cases with bad driverails.

they are structually the exact same case...chieftec is just cheaper because antec adds money for the name.

get a lian li!!! they are sweet looking, and light..my pc75 should come in the mail in a few days.

OK some one settle this for me now please with some real proof.
Is Cheiftec a remade Antec or is an Antec a remade Cheiftec??!?!!?!?!!!!!!!

This is now like the 800th posting stating the opposite of what another post says. Every time is see this is says the opposite. What one is it guys? Are they made by Antec or Chieftec or are they BOTH remade from something else like ChenMing??!!?!?!!? Or is ChenMing a remade whatever!!!!??????????????

I like my Cheiftec Matrix Tower btw jmr. 5 case fans with tons of room.

they are both remade chenming cases. antec sells its name, chieftec sells it cheaper.

For sure 100%??? Just curious since Chenming's website doesn't show much etc. None of them have the same cases that you can buy from one place or another etc etc etc.

I just would like some actual proof of this is all.

RangerJoe said:
chieftec cases = rebadged antec cases with bad driverails.

they are structually the exact same case...chieftec is just cheaper because antec adds money for the name.

get a lian li!!! they are sweet looking, and light..my pc75 should come in the mail in a few days.

I was looking at the Lian Li's, but they all seem to be a little expensive and out of the price range I am willing to pay for a case. Thanks for the suggestion though. I guess my real question is, since the cases are the same, is one of the two psu's I mentioned better than the other?(antec true power 430 or sparkle 400)

jmr89gt said:
I am trying to decide between two cases/psu's. I was wondering if I would see a difference between the Chieftec Server tower DX-01SLD with a sparkle 400 watt psu which comes to about 130 bucks at newegg or the ANTEC Performance PLUS Model PLUS1080AMG which comes with the antec true power 430 for 128 bucks. The two cases are exactly the same i think, it is just the PSus that are different. Would one be a better buy than the otehr performance wise?

thanks

just to say, i'd take the sparkle 400 over the antec 430, regardless of the case.

Back