• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asrock Taichi X670E vs Asus Strix X670E-E Gaming Wi-fi. WHICH?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Despotes

I'm torn between the two. All seems close to equal except the Taichi uses 12K Nichicon caps and the Asus uses 5K caps. The Taichi has a back plate which functions as a heat sink. Also "Ultra low loss server grade" PCB". A simple marketing reference to the 8 layer design? Both use 8 layer as do most if not all X670 boards.
I'm unsure of the Taichi's overall quality compared to the Asus as I've had mostly Asus boards w/o any problems. BIOS ease of use and functionality?
Which would be less finicky with memory...?
Both are $500. Both have 3 year warranties. I can't decide.

If I had to choose between the 2 you like, I would go with Asrock. I, personally like the looks of Asrock and they've been rock solid for me for years. I still have an Asrock Z270 Extreme4 and a 7700K. It's my son's rig now. The bios is super easy to navigate.

I've had Asus boards, and most of them had issues. RMA support is atrocious at best with what I went through.

Both boards are great choices. Go with the one that will have the color scheme/performance you want best.

Choose your poison... Six of one, half dozen of the other! No/few issues here with asus. My rma experiences (2) were fine.

Back