• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finally up and running!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bender

Mysteriously Changing Senior
In Thelemac's Basement Eating the Chickens
I finally got my dualie rig up and running! Its an MSI K7D masater L with 2x athlon XP1800 AIUGA week 49 chips. For cooling I have 8k fans with copper sinks I picked up at www.svcompucycle.com for $5 each. I will be water cooling but I'm waiting on my Swiftech MCW372s. This thing will have chilled water and an acrylic case from the P4 rig in my sig. The trickiest part was getting the T-breds to boot in MP mode. It took me 3 trys with my unlocking but Jon's moral support got me through. With the cheepo cooling I'm running at 1725 MHz 1.55v. I cant wait to see what good cooling can do! 2 GHz or bust.

I'm jealous... I can't get any stable overclocks on my Asus A7M266-D. I wanted the MSI, but I didn't want to wait for them to come back in stock. My 1700+ tbreds unlocked on the first try. Well, good luck with watercooling, that was originally what I was planning on doing. Now I have 2 very nice water blocks doing nothing!

Very nice. The K7D can reach 150FSB without a problem, usually, but above that it gets shaky. No problem, though, since your Thoroughbreds are unlocked all the way up through 12.5x. Max the FSB and then raise the multipliers. With 1.85v they should hit 2ghz, especially if they're AIUCBs.

Actually, what stepping are they?

Bender said:
They are T-bred AIUGA week 49. How can I enable multipliers over 12.5?

AIUGA are Tbred As and should get you 1.9ghz if not better. To get 13x and above, you need to close the rightmost L3 bridge (reading with the bridges above the core). This will disable the multipliers below 13x unless you cut the bridge again, so be sure you know what you want before doing it.

This thing is a dream so far. I'm running 150x12.5 for 1875 MHz at 1.725v. I have to connect the L3 lilke donny said, to get any more multipliers. I'm still aiming for 2 GHz and I think its possible with chilled water. I'll keep you posted!

Bender, How's your 1800's doing so far. I've managed to get mine up to 1800mhz w/ the coolermaster hcc-002 hsf combos. They kept my xp1600's quite stable at 1728 (12x144) and around 36-38c. but these newer tbreds are running much hotter (46-48c) and are really voltage hungry. To keep them stable at 12.5x144, I'm having to shove 1.65v through them, from the factory 1.5v. I'm going to have to consider going to pelts or water cooling before I can up the multi any more. Btw, I manually changed the multi to 12.5 by cutting the second L3 bridge.:)

So far it takes my XP1800 AIUGAs 1.6v to reach 1800 MHz. With 1.75v they will do 1875 MHz. I will try unlocking the multipliers above 12.5 once I get my waterblocks. Im using these coolers ATM. They arent bad concidering the $4.99 pricetag. The fans run at 8k rpm so its not exactly quiet. Thankfully they run off the 12v line so I can mod them to 7v easily.

Back