Notices

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Video Cards > General GPU
General GPU
Forum Jump

Altec Lansing 641 or Z560 or promedia 4.1?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 01-07-03, 06:11 PM Thread Starter   #1
tainice

Altec Lansing 641 or Z560 or promedia 4.1?

if money is no issue, which set you guys think would be the best? i read tons of reviews but still cannot decide.. ok, from what i read, z560 got the best subwoofer, promedia has some very tight satellites, and altec lansing'z cable sucks. i listen to music for most part, but i do love to be shaken by powerful bass. well, if i do get the promedia, i will purchase the monster cable too, so please take that into consideration. thankz
tainice is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 01-07-03, 06:19 PM   #2
Richard

10 Year Badge

If those were the only 3 I could choose from, I'd say the Logitech Z560. Mainly because the price differential between the Z560 and the Klipsch 4.1 is not worth the negligible difference in sound quality.

Here's the caveat though. The Logitech's have a hit or miss history. There are reports of people burning up their subs. Keep in mind, the Logitech's are cheaper for a reason. Although, for the money, they're the best 4.1 multimedia speakers. Some people consider them better than the Klipsch 4.1 regardless of price.

If I could choose a different speaker system. I'd have to go with the Cambridge (Creative Labs) Megaworks 510D or the more recent 550 THX. They're about the same price as the Klipsch 4.1 speaker system, but they are head and shoulders better speakers.

Treat others as you want to be treated.
Richard is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 01-07-03, 06:43 PM   #3
Scant7

Got my Klipsch for $150 circuit city.. cant be beaten.. $200-$50 MIR. Had the Altec Lansing 621, not a lot of power, I hear 641 has dual 8" subs. Haven't ever had logitech speakers, hear they are good too.

Car:
Hertz MLK 165 / Eric Stevens Era IDMAX 12" V3D4 / Audison LRX 5.1k
Scant7 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 01-07-03, 06:56 PM   #4
Xevuhtess7

i have z560's... they sound great. also at my local gaming cafe they have klpisch's set up, and i dont hear a difference in sound quality from my speakers. the bass on the z560's are really awesome... but if price seroiusly is no regard, then get the new z680's....
Xevuhtess7 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 01-07-03, 07:00 PM Thread Starter   #5
tainice

alright, i have decide to look into newton series...have to save up more tho..guess all 3 are not what i am looking for. thankz
tainice is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Video Cards > General GPU
General GPU