• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Incorrect Multi Readings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CalsonicGTR

When I ran SiSoft Sandra earlier to check on my CPU speed, I noticed it only showed that the comp was running 1.13GHz. I have my multi set at 8.5 and I had just bumped the FSB up to 150, so I knew that couldnt be right. So I rebooted and rechecked with both Sandra and WCPUID. Both of them still showed the same speed. I then noticed that both programs said that my Multi was set to 7.5 (which is the stock multi for a TBird 1GHz with the 133 FSB). I then went back to my BIOS and tryed a few tests

7X...................Didn't Post
7.5X................7.5X readout in WCPUID
8X...................7.5X readout in WCPUID
8.5X................7.5X readout in WCPUID

Why are the programs recognizing a different Multi than the BIOS is showing? The programs were both reading at the normal 1.27 GHz yesterday. Can anyone help me? (All my important system components are in my sig)

Sounds like a bad unlock. Try completely cleaning off the cpu and connect the bridges again.

Back