• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Soundstorm sucks!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ambiguous

ok i have had this board for about a month now and iam using the built in soundl, ie. soundstorm, and when ever i play my games ie. counterstrike, i get this weird static noise and everything becomes distorted and sounds like crap, is anyone else getting this, iam about to go back to my soundcard which never gave me any probs, if you have any solutions that might help i would appreciate it.

Are you using surround speakers? If so, do you have the right channel plugged into the Line-in? Did you configure the Nforce software with the wizard so that it knows you're using the line in?

There are a LOT of ways to configure the sound on your board (1 normal output, Line in can be an output, yet another output for center channel/sub). I would suggest digging out the manual and make sure you're using the correct outputs, then run the Nvidia wizard to make sure the software knows how you have it hooked up. Finally make sure you're using the audio drivers ASUS provides since the ASUS board has added sound features not supported by the Nvidia unified drivers.

iam just using headphones, and i have set it to do only headphones, it works fine for a while then all of a sudden it starts up.

which drivers you running? My sound is the best ive ever heard it is notably richer and more defined then my Hercules XP game theater and the 3d positioning in games is darn scary its so real.
Im running the drivers off the CD that came with the MoBo

Back