• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my bios wont flash? a7n8x deluxe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mage_x

came w/ 1001.g so i try to put 1001.c on, i put my disk in boot up and press alt+f2 and it loads awdflash. now, it has a box for me to type in the filename but nothing will type.

all i have on the disk is the bios file, do i need anything else for flashing this way? if im doing something wrong can someone tell me how to do it right? thx.

and yes i have used the search engine and read other threads.

yes you do mage_x. You need to Download and install the ADWFLASH utility and put that on the disk as well..You can get it at the same the same place you got the bios asus.com i asume.
edit:
when you get the ADWFLASH utility you need to "unzip it" to the diskette(A disk) dont just cut and paste it there....same with the bios .if you didnt already do so... Unzip the bios to the diskette.. with both files on the disk your ready to install your new bios
:)
have any problems...write back

Yeah you need that AWDFLASH on there as well as the bios file although I have read of other people having bugs where their keyboards did not work when flashing the bios.

evidently awdflash is built into the bios because it says uncompressing awdflash when i alt+f2, so i still need it on a disk?

ok thankyou. successfully flashed.

one more question though, im using a lapped slk800 w/ as3 and mechatronics 53cfm. the bios reads 38-40c but asus probe says a more probable 32-33c. should i go w/ the asus probe reading? are either of them correct? what other programs can i use with this mobo to monitor temps?

Uh guys you don't need a flash utility on the floppy - it's built into the bios. You just put the bios image on the floppy. When the flash utility pops up simply type the name of the bios image file on the floppy and away it goes. I don't know why people think you need the flash utility on the floppy also - I've done it this way on two boards over a dozen times and I've never had anything but the bios image on the disk.

Myself I go with what the bios says..But i think opinions vary on this.....all those temps you discribe are pretty good.....my old 2000+ would hit the 50's c under load...never had a problem

38-40 on a stock 2400 good? i didnt buy this slk800 for nothing, though id like to believe asus probe i dont know which to believe

I have also experienced this problem of not being able to flash without the utility on the disk and I have seen others post about it as well. Who knows maybe different bios version have problems with it over others.

As for bios temps I myself see crazy low temps in bios and asus probe seems more realistic. I see totaly opposite posts on this all the time. Really I can't really trust either to be exact but I know for sure there is no way on earth my temps are as low as what my bios shows.

Back