• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Time for updated PPD brackets on folding.extremeoverclocking.com?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Farwalker2u

I really like that folding.extremeoverclocking.com takes the effort to post all the data they do on F@H.
Does anyone else besides me think it might be time for a revision of their PPD brackets?

color coded brackets.jpg

1k, 250k, and 2M could be removed; because PPD are so much greater today than a few years ago.
It would be move informative to put in a 5M+, 25M+, and 100M+ brackets to fill out the nine (9) brackets.

Are you a member at EOC forums? If yes, you can PM Jason and ask him about it. Last update to the brackets was Oct 2017. Here's Jason's post from the update.

Trying to stay on track...10.06.17, 5:07pm CDT
I've mostly been working on back-end code this past week trying to update and optimize a lot of things that were just kind of hacked together over time as the stats and features grew. However today I took some time to re-do the color schemes for Teams & Individuals (and I made sure to update the sig images too). The new scales look like:
Teams: 0 / 1+ / 100k+ / 250k+ / 500k+ / 1M+ / 2.5M+ / 5M+ / 10M+
Individual: 0 / 1+ / 15k+ / 50k+ / 100k+ / 250k+ / 500k+ / 1M+ / 2M+
Please let me know if I missed something, be sure to do a full page refresh (shift-refresh) first to make sure it's not just a cached copy. Curecoin and a lot of those top producers are kind of an outlier compared to everyone else. I tried to make the new points colors evenly distributed and fair for everyone, but I do reserve the right (as always) to make little tweaks in the future.
Like I said, rest of the stuff I'm doing has been behind-the-scenes type work, nothing I can really point out on a page, yet it has been extremely time consuming!

From what I heard last time i was over there was he had little interest in even keeping the site going. It's essentially on auto-pilot now. I thought about asking for his permission (and code) to pick up the site but just haven't gotten around to it. I do agree, an update to the brackets would be welcomed.

If you're suggesting what I think, yes I could just grab the API and design my own system. I guess I can prototype the logic/functionality and play with the API and see how it goes...
Unless of course yer just clowning hehe. Either way, it can't hurt to dig a 'lil bit at least.

In my 70 years I should have collected tens of millions of those!
I am a Great Procrastinator, and have been meaning to join the club . . . . . :sneaky:

If that site stopped working, and I could not peruse the stats, how could I get my fix . . . . uh information!
I support your efforts to take it over and improve it Hodolin. (y)

Ok, i'll log on over there and PM Jason, failing that I've already started playing the the APIs. Would just be nice to not only have a place to start, but a layout ppl are familiar with.

Love to see that integrated here... would be a great draw to the site... :)
I have to enthusiastically agree with EarthDog that having the F@H data on this website would be a tremendous draw for new Folders and perhaps older Folders looking for a more active community.

So Holdolin please (if it is not too much trouble) explore whether you can gain control of the possibly abandoned/auto pilot site. If I had any knowledge of how to do it, I would help; but I took one class in programming Fortran 7 waaaaaaaaay back in the 70s.

I have to enthusiastically agree with EarthDog that having the F@H data on this website would be a tremendous draw for new Folders and perhaps older Folders looking for a more active community.

So Holdolin please (if it is not too much trouble) explore whether you can gain control of the possibly abandoned/auto pilot site. If I had any knowledge of how to do it, I would help; but I took one class in programming Fortran 7 waaaaaaaaay back in the 70s.
I totally get you there. While I have some basic web programming skills, I'll be the first to tell you I'm a hobbyist at best. I have DM'd Jason and will wait to see, but in the mean time I've started to explore the APIs and how they work. I won't lie, if I have to build something from scratch it'll take time as I'll have to learn a lot of it as I go. Most def willing to give it a go though :)

It's been that way for years sadly. It used to be far more active but first the forums went quiet then the folders started drifting away. I was one of the several that have moved on. Kinda sad in my opinion.

EOCF started their downward trend, I'd say over a decade ago... I used to be a member there like, 2008 or something, but, wasn't the place for me.

It's been that way for years sadly. It used to be far more active but first the forums went quiet then the folders started drifting away. I was one of the several that have moved on. Kinda sad in my opinion.
What was the reason you moved on...Might be info needed so we can avoid a similar fate. :unsure: (y)

Clearly the stats page isn't drawing folks in.

It just got to be a ghost town. I guess you could call it top-down apathy? I think it really started with the actual overclocking/hardware stuff drying up then the folding team pretty much went the way of the dinosaur as well.

Nothing I see happening here, but most def worth wanting to know to avoid it if possible.

It just got to be a ghost town. I guess you could call it top-down apathy? I think it really started with the actual overclocking/hardware stuff drying up then the folding team pretty much went the way of the dinosaur as well.

Nothing I see happening here, but most def worth wanting to know to avoid it if possible.
So as we expected? EarthDog is in reality the glue that holds this place together...Bravo. :cheers:

If you're suggesting what I think, yes I could just grab the API and design my own system. I guess I can prototype the logic/functionality and play with the API and see how it goes...
Unless of course yer just clowning hehe. Either way, it can't hurt to dig a 'lil bit at least.
That was a joke but I did order the coin for real for my self :)

edit: If we get hold of EOC, would we keep the name or call it something else? :)

Back