• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

jbweld ok thermal adhesive?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

srwven

I am looking into cooling my video card gpu and ram. I have heard some say that jbweld has thermal properties, is this true? Does anyone have experience with jbweld as a thermal adhesive?

I think the makers of AS3 also make an adhesive with AS3 in it. I would try that rather than experimenting on an expensive video card.

Yes, I know. Arctic alumina also makes an adhesive that is non electrically conductive as opposed to the as3 adhesive which is. I was asking of people that have experience using jbweld as an adhesive. I know it has been used and have heard it has thermal conductive properties. I want to hear more about this. If not then yes, I will order aa and wait a week for it to come in.

srwven said:
Yes, I know. Arctic alumina also makes an adhesive that is non electrically conductive as opposed to the as3 adhesive which is. I was asking of people that have experience using jbweld as an adhesive. I know it has been used and have heard it has thermal conductive properties. I want to hear more about this. If not then yes, I will order aa and wait a week for it to come in.

Alumina or alumina adhesive is not capacitive ;) Arctic Silver adhesive is better than Alumina, just if your working wit memory heatsinks Alumina is your best bet, but even still you must be carefull and not be sloppy with it.

My advise is to not use Jbweld

Back