• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will an ak31 V3 support a 2100+ Tbred B?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

v8440

Hi all,

I've been reading about the new 2100's Tbred B's that perform around the same as a 2400. I have an ak31 rev 3, and Shuttle has a bios that is supposed to support up to the 2100+. Will this allow my board to support a Tbred B, and if so, is there any reason why this board couldn't overclock one of the new 2100's to levels similar to what has been described on overclockers.com? I'd like to not have to replace my board right now to use one of these processors, so any guidance would be appreciated.

I remember very clearly I read in Shuttle's FAQ or somewhere that AK31 can only support Palamino XP2100, but only XP2000 TBredA. So, I'm sure it supports XP2000 TBredB too. I don't know why it's only upto XP2000 for TBred though. I guess it must have something to do with the multiplier decoding differences between Palamino and Tbred

Back