• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Terrible 3Dmark score with TI4600

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mortdog

Registered
Hallo

I have an easy question to answer I hope.
I have a msi TI4600 card installed in a brand new 2.53 Ghz machine on the agp slot and so on.

In 3Dmark2001 I get 8292 points. Everything on default. Late drivers from nvidia 40.72 I think it was. I have also tried earlier drivers with worse result.

I´ve heard and read that I should get something like 13000 points.

There is one thing though that makes me suspicious.
In properties for display it says: Bustype: AGP- (PCI-Mode)

If the agp card acts like a PCI card then it makes sense. In 3Dmark it is only AGP 1 x available. I have 3 image link to show you how it looks:

Picture from my display properties
Picture of my computer details from 3dmark
The test result from 3dmark 2001

Thanks guys!

there i some rules when doing 3dmark here ya go

1:in your display driver panel turn every thing down/off such as turn AA off turn AF off vsynch off turn fog off

2: start up 3dmark run demo at default which is 1024x768 32-bit color compress textures z-buffer 24 bit frame buffer double and rending pipeline to d3d pure hardware and T&L with AA set to none

if you follow this you should score between 11,XXX threw 12,XXX

Overclocker550 said:
well that sounds a bit low, you should get like 10,000. if your cpu was 3GHz youd get 11,500

i have a 2.4 with the 30.82s dets all default and i score in the low 12,xxx

To the man who comment agp rates:

Excuse my french but I got one of these ****ty IBM motherboards. I have no such luxury like agp settings.

The agp 1 x is THE bottleneck I guess, if it really is 1 x. Are there any other ways to determine the agp speed?

You can download rivatuner.

i fliken "graphic subsystem report" you'll be able to see the supported AGP-modes.

What mobo do you have?

Doh! You're right Durin. I was looking at his sig. :)

Anyway, the same argument still applies: installing an AGP driver will fix the problem.

What kind of motherboard do you have Mortdog?

Where do you get an AGP driver?
Is it included in the MB-drivers or in the detonators?

I've never intalled a specific AGP-driver, as I know of.

Mortdog needs to let us know what motherboard he's using.

AGP drivers usually come in the form of a northbridge driver, if I recall correctly. The last three motherboards I used scored exceptionally poorly after a fresh Windows install. I was getting ~7000 on an Athlon XP 1600+@2100+ speeds and a Ti4200, but installing the driver put it well over 10k. Same thing happened with my P4 rig.

i have a ti4600 and i was getting mid-low 13k, and about 3 weeks later i try 3dmark again and i get 7900. i asked around and found that when i reinstalled the drivers i was back up to 13k. give that a try, it cannot hurt.

Back