• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Used 1080ti low 3dmark score?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SuperTuner12010

I purchased a used 1080ti from ebay, worried that it was a mining card I wanted to run 3dmark to get an idea if it is performing as it should. Leaving the argument whether the degradation is an issue or not aside.

GPU-Z states the card is running at 8x, which also shouldn't be a problem I know. I have it on the lower slot which I believe is suppose to be a 16x slot, have a nvme ssd in the slot next to it as well. Wont fit into the top slot without trimming the fan shroud as it hits my water res.

System:
Asus z370 a prime
8700k @4800mhz
2x8gb @ 3200mhz
Gigabyte Aorus 1080ti

All stock with fresh driver install graphics score 9829, cpu 8957, combined 9687.

Power limit and temp limit maxed core got to 1962 and stayed there. Graphics score 10,188 , cpu 8846, combined 9961.

Combined scores of others with same hardware 10,500+

Not sure if it's normal or if something is wrong. The used gpu is what's getting me. Thanks

Cards dont 'brown out' and lose performance...let's get that out of the way. :)

Bottom slot is 8x. The only 16x slot is the top. 8x you'll lose 1-2% off the top.

Seems like the score is in the ballpark to me...?

Cards dont 'brown out' and lose performance...let's get that out of the way. :)

Bottom slot is 8x. The only 16x slot is the top. 8x you'll lose 1-2% off the top.

Seems like the score is in the ballpark to me...?

This. There are a million different things that can affect benchmark scores. Background programs, etc.. People submitting scores may (many are) looking to optimize submissions, so they do some extra work to bolster the end result. That, and Pascal chips will throttle based on thermals using a sliding scale. You don't have to hit max temps for that to happen, those chips will start to dial back performance well before you hit the limit. With that being said, 1962 MHz is a decent speed for that GPU. If it holds that speed I'd look for something else that may be holding it back, but you should get great gaming performance from the card as described. That's a nice rig, enjoy. :d

If it's not overclocked then this result seems about correct. Don't compare it to the results in database as most people who submit results are overclocking their hardware, most to the limits where on the screen are artifacts but it still passes. Also database is not always showing correct settings so you may see stock clocks while in real can be 20%+ overclocked.

Back