• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Piii 800

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cheesy Peas

right heres the deal, im sittin here on a dell optiplex with a PIII 800(coppermine). The other day i was testin a board i bought for my grandad, an asus cusl2-c as hes been havin problems with other cpu's in it (so far had a dud celeron 700 and a dud P3 866).

I Put the 800 from the dell into the asus and it fired up at 960MHz without me doing anything apart from putting it in there. In the dell it operates at 6*133. I dont know how the hell it got 960 from a 133fsb unless it somehow changed the multipyer. Could it be that this is some kind of factory unlocked CPU? if it is ide love to see hat it could do in a decent board.

lyle said:
or maybe the cusl2-c has the fsb set to 160? Maybe that's why you're having so many problems with other CPU's.
Good point. I cant imagine that you would have two "dud" cpu's laying around, unless you burned them out trying to OC the living daylights out of them with extreme voltage. Hold down the "delete" key when firing up the comp and go into the bios and check the fsb settings. Let us know what you come up with.

DDR-PIII said:
flash the asus a fresh bios :)

I would not advise someone to flash a new BIOS over his current one while he is running his CPU highly overclocked without a clue about cooling nor voltage!

To make sure the new CPU is properly set, it is better to remove the CMOS battery for a minute. This will make the BIOS revert to default settings. After this, you can make all adjustments you want, but I bet the default setting will have the CPU run at its proper speed instantly.

done all that, had it set up as 133fsb in jumper mode
and then in jumper free mode, boots as 960. :S

neway, hes got a celeron 800 in it now at stock, and those other chips, tried them in the dell too, they didnt work in there either, cheep computer fair rip offs.
;)

Back