• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

k7s5a prob

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PLtNmHeLiX

My friend has this mobo and just last week he noticed than after posting the board displays an error- Secondary Slave ATAPI Incompatible at the BIOS screen. He has to click F1 to continue booting. I checked what was on that channel and it was a Hitachi dvd rom drive which works fine. I unplugged it to see if that helps but the board refuses to continue booting after posting and just like freezes at the bios screen.
Any help guys would be appreciated.

WiNnErPL said:
hmm didn't try to do that....
How do you clear the cmos in this board?
You have to move the jumper over a pin on the motherboard. It's located just above the battery.
Leave it there for a few seconds. Then put it back on the original pins. Then your done. you'll have to go in a reconfigure everything though.

You might want to start simple and then get complex...

Check the IDE cable to that drive; maybe try another one. I've seen old cables cause plenty of problems.

Back