• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is this a DEER PSU?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RCtruckguy

I've been useing the rig in my sig for about 2 years useing a "250watt" power supply by Value line. i opened it a few mi ago to clean it and i noticed it says deer on the side that has the caps on then on the side oppsite the fan next to the case it says DR-200ATX v2.02

Is this an infamous DEER PSU? i hope not i have almost no money to buy another one. (i'm on my moms computer right now, don't wanna risk mine lol)TIA~RCTG

you probably need a new one anyways- 250 is pretty bad.
I worked on someone's computer that had one of those- it was quite literaly a fire hazard. I burned my hand when I touched it!
40 bux should get a nice sparkle.

Or you could get a 300w Sparkle for 27.00. Tell her it will be cheaper on the long run. The Deer's have a nasty reputation of catching fire and taking out alot of your components. Good Luck

Are many parts are missing from the circuit board? I saw a picture of one where 20% of the board was empty.

no there isn;t much missing but the circut board is discolored!!! theres 4 spots:the 2 mosfet banks, a bank of resistors are dis colored and near the wires to the computer are all darker then other spots on the board. WTF? the fuse is soldered in. thats pretty stupid:mad:

Oh and last nightwhen i took this PSU out and put in a spare it didn't fire up. it hung after it displayed the mobo's image on the screen. tired numourous times and nothing. i even tried the old PSU and still nothing. it does this every time i try to change some thing. i hate this stupid mobo and CPU!!!its like "if you touch me i won't work!":mad:

i was planning on getting a sparkel anyway but i don't know if it will work. i'll try getting my mom to buy me a new mobo and cpu. ARG! thanks for your help guys~RCTG

Back