• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

for my setiq user

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LandShark

Super Shark Moderator
for those whose using my setiq server, due to the virtual race is going on and we lost pretty bad partly due to the fact that we didn't cache much wu, i'll stop my setiq server's uploading result till Feb. 1st.

tks.

Gary

The 1st of February. I'll tell you so that we can coordinate our dumps ;)

Hopefully this time we will be really smoking and not smoked.....if you get my menaing ;)

dosent this defeat the purpose of a race, if everyone get's a 2 week head start?...i dunno just dosent sound fair to me, why not just start the race today and continue uploading as usual... :eh?:

just my $0.02

Digital

The reasoning about caching is that as everyone had a headstart in the catching it's also a race of who can cache more WU. This also makes it unknown to the other teams how many WU will be thrown in when the race starts. You can easily go to each team forum, fish here and there for the particiapnts and then go to SETI@Work and see how many Wu each of them produce regularly. Then go to your own site and say "This guys have an average of 1,000 WU/day.....let's get mor people on board to get them"

As long as each team is told beforehand than caching is allowed this would make things more fun......specially if you don't dump all of your cached WU until the very end of the race instead than at the beginning ;)

Back