• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Epox 8RDA+, AMD 2100+ ... OC Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SpyderX

Registered
Before I start, just want you to know I read the stickies and did some research before asking questions. Also, I've asked some people the same message but I thought maybe making a thread could get a lot of results too. Okay, here goes.
----
I'm planning to upgrade in a week or two (but want to make sure I have all the facts straight before I go on), mainly upgrading my "main pc", which is basically the motherboard, processor and memory, along with a watercooling setup. The parts I will order will be
-Epox 8RDA+ (NForce2 Board)
-AMD AthlonXP 2100+
-Corsair XMS PC3200 (DDR400) 256DDRRAM (I only have enough for one but when I have the additional money, I will get another stick to take advantage of the DualDDR Technology. For my watercooling setup, I will be using the white water's block, along with dtek's customize radiator, bay resevoir, Eheim 1024 (I might have the model # wrong but I know it's 102#). I'm also thinking about maybe getting a block for either the north or south bridge (although I don't know which one would receive more heat, or etc) and I might be getting a little ahead of myself. So mainly I would start out with the CPU and not have to worry about anything else then right? (Ie - Memory and PCI/AGP (PCI/AGP because of the lock))
So basically it's all about lowering the multipler and upping the FSB first (to match my stock speed) and of course after that, use stress programs (Prime, Toast, Folding, etc) for at least 12 hours to test it and then once stable, continue to try and get the FSB up some more until it becomes unstable. Then I would up the vcore and same thing. THEN I would start with the multipler and in the end, when I found the best thing right before it gets unstable + great temperatures and also hopefully a vcore that's suitable, that's mainly it?
And with multipler, FSB and vcore, I would of course be upping it little by little and not in huge chunks...
Thanks for the help
BTW, is there anything I'm missing about OCing or ???, if anything, please tell me so I know and etc. I'm still somewhat confused about how memory involves the OCing and etc. Thanks!

Actually, what about burning in before overclocking...How do you go about it...

Back