• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WarHammer and WarHammer40k

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IcarusFalling

Disabled
I'm just curious if anyone here plays these games.

I used to play quite abit, but now that I have a family it's kinda hard to find the time to play. I do still find time to paint the miniatures though.

i played them for awhile... 40k and necromundo....

painting was challenging yet fun...

expensive hobby tho... yeesh...

I used to play 40k (when they first released Ver 3.0 a few years back- but GorkaMorka first got me into it. but I prefer to make custom pieces- sure I used to buy the figures but then I'd buy cheep a$$ vehicles and let my Painboyz perform a little surjer-ee.

My kustom Mob Bosses were/are so individual that some people were asking me to advise on what they could do- I just grinned and said that "the best mods are those that involve little planning, just inspiration from spare bits of junk".

but I gave them empty lighters (gas drained as there were little kids around too) and told them to think about it- extended barrels & flamer packs, shields, random detailing....

I've found a really cool website for showing off your miniatures
www.coolminiornot.com

It's really neat because you get to vote on other people's miniatures and also see mini's from alot of different manufacturers as well.

I started playing Rogue Trader & Epic 40k with Titans. :eek: Now that was a long time ago. I really liked RT because it had a very RPG feel to it. Heck you needed a Game Master (like a DM in D&D) to play. I wish they would do a game like that again.

You guys should check out the new "Inquisitor" line from Games Workshop. 54mm scale. ( regular scale is 28mm, Epic scale is 6mm) These guys are LOADED with detail. I've got a Space Marine in 54mm scale and a regular space marine comes up to his waist :eek: It's so cool.:cool:

Back