• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will this be ok?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Skiing Squirrel

I am thinking about selling one of my CPU's and found out that I threw away the little clear box that it came in. Could I just wrap the CPU in antistatic wrapping, and put it in a slighty bigger box, and then put that box in a bigger one, and should it be safe? I am mainly worried about the CPU getting shot during the packing and shipping process.

when i got an oem CPU it came in an anti static bag wrapped with this stirafoamish wrapping in an envelope. i would say just make sure its in an antistatic bag and its not able to jiggle around very much.

--jason

Yeah it should be ok...I got an AXIA back in the day that came in an antistatic bag and wrapped up in plenty of bubblewrap.

Just be sure the CPU is secure and won't move around, and that there is plenty of shock absorbing material surrounding it, such as bubble wrap

Put some kind of foam over the pins. This prevents them from being bent, and it keeps them from popping the bubble wrap.

Back