• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best way to get to 10k bench?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bushkie85

Registered
I am running a pent 4 2 ghz computer w/ 512 ram. I currently own a ti4400. My current bench is around 7k. I was wondering what i should do to hit the 10,000 mark (if that is even possible) and which would get me more gain. Would increasing my fsb help me the most, inwhich im still having problems figuring out due to my bios, or would some other tweaking meathods heal raise the bars? I would appreciate any help, and thank you in adnvance.

I also have the latest drivers installed.

You should be getting 10k marks already. Perhaps maybe you need a faster cpu for that, dunno but your card has much muscles

overclock both...your card can do what a 4600 can do already...you just need to overclock it...use rivatuner for that, at www.guru3d.com
next, yes increase the FSB...you don't have to get a HUGE overclock, just do what you feel necessary without harming your chip...you should be able to put up better than 10k...prob 11-12k

Have fun...be careful

Yea hes right, a ti4400 could OC to ti4600 speeds, then he should push the fsb to 124 or 133 for the cpu, actually at 133 it would be 3.2GHz which may need water cooling. He should sell that on ebay and get a [email protected], same cpu speed but on a 133fsb :D

He should be hitting 10k regardless. My 1800+ and 4200 o/c to 275/563 hits 10k. Like OC Noob said check all your driver settings. Make sure texture sharpening is off too. That dropped my score almost 800 i think.

Antialiasing, i believe i turned that off, and no i never got a better score :( I have all the new drivers, but still 7k marks, lol i wish there was a local computer place that could help.

What kind of ram are you running? It sounds to me that maybe you are running on sdram? There is definately something wrong cause my [email protected] and sdram Celeron Tualatin cpu and a TI200 vid card are able to hit nearly 7000 3dmarks :eek: !! Make sure that you are using the latest drivers, and you do not have anything running in the background. I would make sure that you check everything out before you go and do a bunch of OC'ing because it already sounds like you have problems. A list of your components would surely help us to help you.

Yes i use DDR sdram, i think i will have to reformat, and that will be a huge pain in my :mad: :mad: :mad:

Back