• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pc3200 = OH MY GOD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

defyreality

Disabled
Ok I have yet to see that asus makes a board that is pc3200 compatible, and abit does not seem to have one either

so who does that leave

well lets see here

1st runner up : Gigabyte 8S G667 / SIS 648 CHIPSET

2nd runner up : Soyo P4X400 Platinum Dragon Ultra

3rd Runner up : um ???? nothing in Sacramento CA i can find

so out of those two which would be best for overclocking

im suprised asus or abit doesnt support pc3200 ram

kinda gay =/

I've run DDR400 (pc3200) in both an Asus P4S533 and an Albatron PX845pev Pro.

Almost all of these boards support DDR400, but since it's not quite a jedec standard yet, no one officially supports it.

Abit kx7333 Will more than likley run 3200 & posibly even 3500

Altho it dosent officaly support it

defyreality said:
Ok I have yet to see that asus makes a board that is pc3200 compatible, and abit does not seem to have one either

so who does that leave

well lets see here

1st runner up : Gigabyte 8S G667 / SIS 648 CHIPSET

2nd runner up : Soyo P4X400 Platinum Dragon Ultra

3rd Runner up : um ???? nothing in Sacramento CA i can find

so out of those two which would be best for overclocking

im suprised asus or abit doesnt support pc3200 ram

kinda gay =/

maybe no official support....but yes you can run pc3200 DDR in any abit or asus that has a 845e or 845pe chipset.

after all, now why would I recamend two mobo's to you and xms3200 DDR, that will not work together?

look at my siggy below......see what I'm using???

mica

so the long of the short is,,,,, all of use are just a tad below ddr 400 speeds ( I know I am at 2.9 ghz darnit ) many at and above.. Would think the question as been answerd..

psy

asus p4s8x supposedly has fledgeling support for 3200 altho apparently the board aint very good if ya want 8x agp then its a go-er

As you can see OFFICIAL support doesn't mean a thing.. the Asus P4PE and P4533 are both GREAT boards.. I've had my memory up to 460MHz DDR in a P4B533..

Back