• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Dealer: Gameve.com

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Maloso

Registered
This vendor has been the greatest one I have ever dealt with. Imagine Fry's Electronics... then.. forgot it, because this is nothing like it! (Fry's has a nice selection, but they really could do better with customer service; and their newspaper ads are valid for like .. a day!!!)

Okay, I ordered a Sapphire Radeon 9500 128mb, and tried the mod on it. Sadly, I got one that gave me crazy artifacts while running it. So, I decided I'll just spend some money and get a Radeon 9700 128mb. So, I called them, and they walked me through how to return it. 0% restocking fee; if returned in the first 5 days! w00t!

Also, when I ordered it, they shipped it out with the quickness! It got here the next day! (Well.. they are only 20 miles away). And,they gave me this nifty Fedex tracking number, and I was looking at it like "it left for destination.. but its not here yet".

2 minutes later, a Fedex truck pulled up, and I was like WHOOPEE!!!

Anyway, they have a great selection, great customer service, quickly packages its stuff, and has some crazy 48 hour sales and deals!!! Theyre customer support people on the phone are excellent, I even put one on hold for 2 minutes, and when I went back, he was still there!!! (I expected him to hang up like so many other customer support guys; though, I wouldnt mind, I would just call back).

Go to Gameve.com , and get all your stuff from them *counts his secret .. secret commotion* *Muhahah, their brain scanners will scan your brain, finding out if I recommended you, and give me my $5 commision, muhahaha*

Nah.. just goto Gameve: The Best Gaming Store!

Welcome to the Forums!

I've ordered from them twice and both were A+ on-line buying experiences... fast shipping too. Thanks Maloso for posting your experience with GameVE.com.

I bought my A7N8X from them in November and they were considerably cheaper than Newegg was at the time. They processed and shipped my order fast, would definitely consider ordering from them again.

Maloso said:
Yup, theyre great! :)

hmm... reseller ratings shows otherwise. lol :cool:

i was actually considering buying a graphics card from them beacuse of what people on this board say about it. But then there are contrasting views from the ratings. i dunno.. ill probably end up going for it just beacuse of the free shipping and the nice low prices! :p

i recnetly ordered a viewsonic 19" g90fb from them...240 w/ free shipping was the best price i could find on this monitor brand new, so they seem pretty good to me :)

Maybe I'm out of the loop...but how can they sell this?

GAMEVE GEFORCE4 TI4800 128MB DDR VIVO/DVI
HOUSE BRAND, nVIDIA GeFORCE 4 TI 4800SE 128MB DDR VIVO/DVI. It come with Driver CD, and Cables, 1 yr dealer Warranty. OEM VERSION(More Info)
Our Price: $194.00

There isn't such a card

gravitywell said:
Maybe I'm out of the loop...but how can they sell this?

GAMEVE GEFORCE4 TI4800 128MB DDR VIVO/DVI
HOUSE BRAND, nVIDIA GeFORCE 4 TI 4800SE 128MB DDR VIVO/DVI. It come with Driver CD, and Cables, 1 yr dealer Warranty. OEM VERSION(More Info)
Our Price: $194.00

There isn't such a card
yes there is. its a ti4600 with 8x agp

Im suprised you guys had a better experience than me. I ordered from them in august and it was a nightmare. Here is the resellerraings review i gave them...

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller2651-p12.html
Comment (Very Dissatisfied)
Posted by FastFSB
8/23/02 4:32 PM
Gameve.com has the WORST customer service that I have ever had to deal with. I ordered a MSI GeForce4 Ti4600, a thermaltake GF4 cooler, and 8 tin coated copper ramsinks. They shipped PART of my order on time, but didn't send me the tracking number. I emailed them and they sent the tracking number, but didn't tell me that all of my order didn't ship. Their website, didn't say that they were out of the ramsinks, neither did their email. The package containing my graphics card and the thermaltake GF4 cooler arrived, but there was no shipping invoice or note telling me that the ramsinks didn't ship. I emailed them and asked why the ramsinks were not in the package, and why I was not informed that they would not ship on time. They emailed me back saying they shipped them that day, which was about week after I ordered. It took another week for the ramsinks to get here. They ignored my question as to why I was not notified, and simply told me that they had shipped that day. I emailed them back and asked for an explanation as to what was going on, and I got the following:

" Sir, I already sent the ramsinks to you, you sent an email to us about your
missing part Aug 7, 2:20pm, I got your email Aug 7, 3:30pm and replied email
to you said that I'm going to send it to you. But 3:30pm Fedex already
picked that day's package up, so you package was sent out Aug 8, 3:00 pm.
Here is your tracking number and for some reason, you didn't get the
tracking number in your email box yet, I don't think that's our problem
about your email box.

The number is Fedex 622325865090, you can track your package see if it was
sent out on time, please!

Sincerely,
-Order Status Department-
GameVE.com "

This email failed to answer why it took a week to ship the ramsinks, and why I was not informed. Their idea of customer service seems to be ignoring questions, answering only the ones they feel like answering, and questioning the reliability of my email inbox. I was very disappointed that after giving them over $300 of my money, that they could not ship on time, tell me that they had not shipped on time, or give any explanation as to why. I wish I had looked at resellerratings.com before ordering from them, as they seem to have many problems with shipping on time and giving tracking numbers. I will NEVER order from them again, and will not recommend them to anyone. I have built computers before from parts ordered online, and have never had a company act this way. Not shipping on time is one thing, but to not tell the customer, and to not resolve the problem is unacceptable. By treating me this way, they have guaranteed that I will not order the graphics cards for the other computers I build from them. Their prices may be about $10 cheaper than other sites listed on pricewatch, but the poor quality of customer service is not worth it, neither is the delay. I write this review in the hopes that I will prevent other people from wasting their time and money at GameVE.com.

FastFSB

comments posted: 1
user type: gamer
transaction

hm.. I guess Gameve is actually good. I ordered my Gainward GF3 Ti200 from them and it arrived in one day. Ordered it on monday night at like 8pm (obviously they're already closed at this time), they shipped tuesday, it arrived wednesday at 1pm. So essentially, I got free Fedex overnight delivery. :D
I guess a good thing about living 20 mins away from a dealer/retailer is you get your orders faster, but you gotta pay tax. Sucks they don't allow walk-in pickups though.

Back