• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HP, IS it possible??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AndrewRoss1

Registered
I have an old HP PC. Its running a celeron 700. Bios has FSB, but of course it is grayed out. Is overclocking this old beast possible at all? BTW, SoftFSB works, but cant get multi up with that program.

Thats because you cannot change the multiplier on that CPU. If you can change the FSB with SoftFSB than by all means do. Check it with WCPUID to see if you have O/Ced it at all. Sometimes SoftFSB says that it changed the CPU speed, but it doesn't always. Hope that helps.

So, you say i cant change the multi on that CPU? In the overclockers.com database, people have gotten the celeron 700 up to 1.5 ghz. If i got another motherboard, would this be possible?

No Intel CPU since the P2 can change the multiplier, they are all locked except for a VERY FEW engineering samples.

JDXNC said:
No Intel CPU since the P2 can change the multiplier, they are all locked except for a VERY FEW engineering samples.
and I have 1 mwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back