• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p4m & multi?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sub-zero

Registered
hi guys

finally got all my stuff together (it7max2 v2.0 + p4m 2ghz) but some new problems came up

first of all this p4m is an engineering sample with all the multis unlocked.

i had it work 8x 200 on my asus p4pe (and a lot of other combinations)

but now on my it7max i can only select between 15x up to 21x. all other multi selections give 15x which kinda sux. only if i select to high a mhz frequency and it boots in "safemode" i shows me 12x100. but if i change the fsb again it defaults to 15x again :mad:

any ideas why this might be?

i was hoping for >200mhz fsb and it seems that might not be possible

but at least it will boot @ 15x200 with 1.5v :D

sounds to me like some boards recognize unlocked cpu's differently cause they aren't made to run them. The only thing you can do is go as high as you can I guess.

bios issue.
it's the same with my th7-II

current bw-bios: multis from x15-21
older bf-bios: either x12 or 20

sub-zero said:
hi guys

finally got all my stuff together (it7max2 v2.0 + p4m 2ghz) but some new problems came up

first of all this p4m is an engineering sample with all the multis unlocked.

i had it work 8x 200 on my asus p4pe (and a lot of other combinations)

but now on my it7max i can only select between 15x up to 21x. all other multi selections give 15x which kinda sux. only if i select to high a mhz frequency and it boots in "safemode" i shows me 12x100. but if i change the fsb again it defaults to 15x again :mad:

any ideas why this might be?

i was hoping for >200mhz fsb and it seems that might not be possible

but at least it will boot @ 15x200 with 1.5v :D
so on your p4pe the mutli was 12 and you got to 200 fsb iam looking to but a p41.7-m i was just wondering if the p4pe can even make it to 200 fsb???

sub-zero said:
whoops sorry didn't read this forum in a while.

my asus p4pe made it to 200mhz fsb. but with 12x200 the performance won't be all that great i think.
why wouldnt the performance be great at 200fsb 2.4ghz and 400 ddr its slow????

Has anyone got their IT7-MAX2 to boot windows past 200 FSB? Right now the highest I can get is 197.5 stable. It is not a memory issue either, I have Corsair 512-XMS3200C2 and it Memtests up to 434 MHz. I have noticed sometimes that the mem ratio does not hold because sometimes i have it 1:1 and it boot windows 3:4??? I don't think the AGP and PCI lock are working at these high FSB speeds. Anyone have any clues, please let me know.

Nick

Back