• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cdr speeds

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

subconcept

Maybe its my burner, maybe its nero, I have no clue but im starting to get annoyed lately.

I bought a package of 48x cdrs. I go into nero, dosnt let me select 48x, so i go run nero speed test,,,,it says they are 40x cds.
Big deal not much a difference in how long it takes. Then I go out and because theres a good deal on a 100 spindle of 40x cdrs I get those. Well nero speed test says they are 32x cds. I have no clue what the problem is. Im running latest version of nero and latest firmware on my burner.

Any ideas?

yes, ive burnt at 48x on it, and ive burnt about 130 of the mitsumi cds at 40x in the last two weeks and had no probs.

also the cd i burnt at 48x was a verbatim one i bought on its own.

Its not a matter of the cds nor performing at 48x, Im just angry that these cds are ringing in as 32x

SOunds like the wrong CD's it happens with all the different type's...i got a 5x100 unnamed spidle's and they all burn at 52X without anyproblems at all.....

Back