• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ES stepping

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I usually get one when a new product line is announced, I have a willie 1.4, a northwood 2.4a, and a tualitin 1.3, I'm hoping for an 800 fsb then a prescot

most interesting.

have you checked to see if HT is enabled on the cpu?
i assume you've already checked to see if this is an 800fsb chip?

I don't have any 800 fsb yet, I have'nt got one since last june since there haven't been any new product lines, and it's not weird I have so many ES my mom works for intel

wanna offload that ES tualatin? :p

so did you check your ES northwoods for HT enabled?
all northwoods have HT, but on the retail/OEM ones it is disabled.
i've seen one 2.xghz P4 ES with HT enabled, you might be lucky enough to have one also?

I will give you 5 bucks more than Looktall for the Tualatin.

Ask your mom if she can get you a 1.4 P3-S Tualatin ES chip.

Thanks in advance.

Most of the P4 ES chips below 3.06 are not HT enabled. There are probably a few out there for platform qualification, but I suspect it's not a significant percentage.

There's no such stepping as C2, so I'm guessing that's part of the topside marking. Is it part of a bigger number/code?

6502kid said:
Ask your mom if she can get you a 1.4 P3-S Tualatin ES chip.
Or one of the cancelled PIII-S-1533 tB1 chips :)

@ pip: How many of your ES chips have unlocked multipliers?

- JW

If these offers are serious, then pip probably knows that sale of an ES is restricted for a period of time... usually around 3 years. Pip's mom would get in trouble if they found out she sold one of the chips.

JCLW said:

Or one of the cancelled PIII-S-1533 tB1 chips :)

@ pip: How many of your ES chips have unlocked multipliers?

- JW

I might be able to get another tualitin ES but it's doubtful, and I've only tested my p4 northwood for multis and that one is unlocked

My tualitin is a 1.3

Unfortunately, I believe all ES chips remain the property of intel and are only loaned out. So you can't really give away something that isn't yours.

- JW

Back